mikel

4/9/2004 5:47:00 PM

I have replaced my current web with a new folder on a
server which utilises Unix FP extensions. I am using
FP2000 on a XP operating system. Everytime a user goes to
the web site he is asked for a passowrd and username. I
do not seem to be able to alter this.

3 Answers

Eoin Miller

What do you mean by "A User" - do you mean someone trying to author the web
site in FrontPage (as your title suggests) or a user browsing the site with
a browser?

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"mikel" <milithgow@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have replaced my current web with a new folder on a
> server which utilises Unix FP extensions. I am using
> FP2000 on a XP operating system. Everytime a user goes to
> the web site he is asked for a passowrd and username. I
> do not seem to be able to alter this.

mikel

An individual browsing the site from the web. I am able
to access it without diffiuclty either from FP or via the
web - providing I provide a username and password.

Eoin Miller

Sounds like Anonymous Access is turned off for your web site. Ask your
hosting service to enable it.