microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

frontpage can't open my web page

ritchi

4/9/2004 4:41:00 PM

I no longer can open my web page by selecting open web, then type in my web page. I get the error "The folder 'http://www.<my page>.com/' isn't available. The foler may be located in an unavailable location, protected with a password, or the filename contains a / or \.
It used to work before, I'd type in my web page, then it would prompt me for user ID and password. It's as though front page can't connect to the web

Any help would be great...
1 Answer

Jim Buyens

If possible, try opening the same Web from another
computer. If that fails, the problem is most likely with
the host. If it works, the problem is on your computer.

If that's not possible, or if the problem seems to be on
your computer, try these:

1. Delete all Internet Explorer cache files. (In IE,
Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet Files,
Delete.

2. In Windows Explorer, find and delete all FP Temp Files.
By default, these reside in
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings Temp\FrontPageTempDir.

3. In Windows Explorer, find and delete all *.web
files.

4. In Windows Explorer, find and delete the cmdui.prf
file. By default, this resides at:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username> Application Data\Microsoft\FrontPage\State

5. Start regedit.exe, then:
a. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools Web Server Extensions\Web Extender Client
b. Look for a value named wecctlflags.
c. If such a value exists, either delete it or set it
to zero.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...