Blake Miller

4/9/2004 7:32:00 AM

I am requiring to develop a website that has a secure
entry page, where clients will enter personal information
that I need to be kept secure.

Only a few pages need to be secure, not the whole site.
I am using FrontPage 2002.

I currently host other sites done with Front Page, on
Unix servers. Do I need a Windows based plan? (I think
I read in the Unix FP manual in a support section that FP
on Unix does not support SSL)

Do I need to get a SSL certificate? If so, which one is
best based on my needs? My hosting company offers these
and will also "install" them.

Maybe a dumb question, but how do I best process the
data? Is simply emailing the "form results" secure? Or
does it need to be stored somewhere for secure
login/access?

1 Answer

Greg Chagnon

Hi Blake,

No one in this NG will be able to answer this question as it depends upon how the
--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

FPSE is set up and the SOPs of the web hosting company.