microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

want to prevent visitors from seeing the location of pages shown in the status bar.

please help me

4/9/2004 2:52:00 AM

when visitors come to the website they can see where the pages are stored,
by looking at the status bar at the bottom of the website, internet
explorer, how can I stop then from seeing this bar, or seeing the location
of the pages, as they can still add the status bar if I disable it
temporarily. can I disable it completely?

thanks

(using Windows XP, and FrontPage2002)

2 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi J,

You can use the documents onmousemove event to change the status bar message. However you will still be able to see the status bar
when you mouse over specific page elements so those to muse have the mouse
--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

"please help me" <you must be joking> wrote in message news:%23tMbv2dHEHA.640@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> when visitors come to the website they can see where the pages are stored,
> by looking at the status bar at the bottom of the website, internet
> explorer, how can I stop then from seeing this bar, or seeing the location
> of the pages, as they can still add the status bar if I disable it
> temporarily. can I disable it completely?
>
> thanks

> (using Windows XP, and FrontPage2002)

Steve Easton

Add the mouseover event to each link.
href=http://www.w... onmouseover="window.status=' ';return true;"
onmouseout="window.status=' ';return true;">

It will cause some folks to leave you site though.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage