microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Substitution within a substitution?

Dennis Steinauer

4/8/2004 10:21:00 PM

Is there a way to effect a substitution (i.e., use a site parameter) for the
URL in the href= portion of a hyperlink? Example: I want the displayed text
of a hyperlink to be determined by site parameter A(a person's name) and the
URL in the underlying anchor to be determined by site parameter B (a
mailto:xxx@aaa.com url). The first part is not a problem, but it appears
than the actual url must be entered by hand and cannot come from a
substitution component. The hyperlink dialog doesn't seem to permit the use
of a substitution parameter in, say, the mailto: box. Has anyone seen a way
to accomplish this?

Thanks,
dds

p.s. This is a repost, since the original sat in my outbox and will probably
sort way down on mail reader lists. Sorry if this is a repeat.

1 Answer

Thomas A. Rowe

My suggestion to your original post on yesterday, was to use the FP Include Page component

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-res...
FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...