Nick

4/8/2004 8:46:00 PM

i am trying to get a form to work. all i want it to do
is send an email to me with the information that the user
puts in the box. i have followed the steps provided in
the help for frontpage, but with no luck. i follow it to
a T. when i go to my webpage and then click the buton to
submit it, it give me this error message:

Not Found
The requested URL /--WEBBOT-SELF-- was not found on this
server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while
trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

----------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.dreamsofglass.com Port 80

if there is anything you could tell me abuot this, it
would be greatly appreciated. im pretty much stuck on
this.

thanks
-A1C Nicholas J. Dalton
USAF
2 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi Nick,

This normally indicates that the FP Server Extensions are not installed. Contact your ISP / WPP.
--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

"Nick" <Dreamsofglass@cox.net> wrote in message news:1a33b01c41daa$8d5573d0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> i am trying to get a form to work. all i want it to do
> is send an email to me with the information that the user
> puts in the box. i have followed the steps provided in
> the help for frontpage, but with no luck. i follow it to
> a T. when i go to my webpage and then click the buton to
> submit it, it give me this error message:
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /--WEBBOT-SELF-- was not found on this
> server.
>
> Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while
> trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

> ----------------------
>
> Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.dreamsofglass.com Port 80
>

> if there is anything you could tell me abuot this, it
> would be greatly appreciated. im pretty much stuck on
> this.
>
> thanks
> -A1C Nicholas J. Dalton
> USAF

Tom Pepper

FP forms require FP server extensions be installed on the host server. My
tests indicate there are no extensions on the host server.
--
-----
Tom Pepper Willett