microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Access Database/FrontPage dates

Joseph W Coffman

4/7/2004 12:55:00 PM

I have a web site that shows data from a table that is updated daily except
weekends. The page shows the date it was last edited. Is there a way to show
the date the database table was last updated automatically as opposed to
manually editing the date on the web page itself?

Any suggestions welcome.

Joseph Coffman
Hermance Machine Company
www.hermance.com

2 Answers

Eoin Miller

The database doesn't keep track of when it was last updated, either manually
or automatically. You would have to store that information IN the database
somehow.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Joseph W Coffman" <jcoffman@hermance.com.com> wrote in message
> I have a web site that shows data from a table that is updated daily
except
> weekends. The page shows the date it was last edited. Is there a way to
show
> the date the database table was last updated automatically as opposed to
> manually editing the date on the web page itself?
>
> Any suggestions welcome.
>
> Joseph Coffman
> Hermance Machine Company
> www.hermance.com

Joseph W Coffman

Agreed, but there IS a file date. Since the data file is uploaded daily,
could I somehow extract the file date and display it somewhere?