microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

My web has turned read-only

Rob

4/6/2004 12:20:00 PM

A web I have maintained for years (now using FP2002) has become read only on
all computers except one.

On the server (MS Server 2000) where the web exists I can edit the pages via
notepad, but on mine and almost all others it is read only.

This may be coincidence but at ABOUT (not really sure) the time it went read
only a new employee installed Dreamweaver and made a couple of changes to
the web. His is the only computer that now has write access (besides the
server) to the web.

I have looked at all the permissions on the IIS server that I can think of.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

1 Answer

Stefan B. Rusynko

If a FP SE based web is edited outside of FP the SE are probably broken
Reapply the FP SE to your site and do not edit it outside of FP (in DW or Notepad)

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...