microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

CSS H1 - H6 text styles in FP2003

groups

4/6/2004 4:26:00 AM

I am learning how to use the Style dialog box. Changing most html tags
worked fine such as adding an underline when hovering over a link. I
am absolutely stuck as to how to change H1, H2, H3, H4, tags!

I want to have the H2 tag that controls the 24 point font to be purple
and chose Arial Rounded MT Bold (first) or Veranda (second) or Arial
or sans-serif.

A test page illustrates my problem at
http://healthyresult.org/css_fro...

Thanks,
Mary
2 Answers

Steve Easton

You're mixing css by trying to assign font attributes both the a style section
and an inline font setting.

Also, your need to create and then assign a class to the different sections.
example:
..h1{ font settings } is a class.

then assign the class to the tag containing the H1 info like this class="h1"

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
"Mary" <groups@flamepointcat.com> wrote in message
> I am learning how to use the Style dialog box. Changing most html tags
> worked fine such as adding an underline when hovering over a link. I
> am absolutely stuck as to how to change H1, H2, H3, H4, tags!
>
> I want to have the H2 tag that controls the 24 point font to be purple
> and chose Arial Rounded MT Bold (first) or Veranda (second) or Arial
> or sans-serif.
>
> A test page illustrates my problem at
> http://healthyresult.org/css_fro...
>
> Thanks,
> Mary

groups

Should I use a Class or ID? Can I create them in FrontPage without
entering the code directly? (I haven't done it before.)

I read about the Class and ID but I am confused when to use either
one. I read that the ID is dominant over other commands but it said
you cannont use the same ID on the same page. Why is that? I thought
that ID and Class only apply to the text that you highlighted?

Mary