Edward Fitzgerald

4/4/2004 5:20:00 PM

I am unable to save a form that I created using the form wizard. When I try
to save it this message appears "This form cannot be configured to send
results via email. The web site may be located on a disk based location or
on a server that has not been configured to send email.". I have fp 2002
server installed on XP home edition. Also have tried just saving to the
_private folder and publish to the web server that also has fp 2002 server
extension but when I test the form I get a 404 file not found. The file on
this server is in the subfolder private.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Edward

1 Answer

Steve Easton

Ed,
1. you need to save your form in a normal location in your web, not the
_private folder.
However the form "results" are saved in a file in the _private folder when
a user clicks submit

2. XP Home has no server capability, therefore when you are creating the
form and adding the email address it will always give you the error and ask
if you want to remove the email address.
Tell it No, save the form and then publish to the server. Once on the
server it will work.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage