moon

4/3/2004 1:38:00 PM

I make pretty things is frontpage and I use a lot of scripts I can use from
the net and have no problems with that most of the time.

Recently I downloaded a script to put on my page, it's writen in PHP, it is
to recomend my site to a friend. On the screen you have a form to fill in
and enter e-mail address of friend and send.

In the read me file it say that I have to change some info in the script,
the URL of my page etc...

but when I try to open the files I get an error, it seems that I can't open
the page because I don't have the right program??
Do I need a program for PHP?

Can I make a "recomend to friend" from frontpage, or can I have this in
html?

thanks

2 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi Moon,

Instead of server side script consider using a JavaScript. See the resources at http://www.websunl.../res...

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

"moon" <thegecko@tiscali.be> wrote in message news:V6zbc.59364$R61.3802182@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
> I make pretty things is frontpage and I use a lot of scripts I can use from
> the net and have no problems with that most of the time.
>
> Recently I downloaded a script to put on my page, it's writen in PHP, it is
> to recomend my site to a friend. On the screen you have a form to fill in
> and enter e-mail address of friend and send.
>
> In the read me file it say that I have to change some info in the script,
> the URL of my page etc...
>
> but when I try to open the files I get an error, it seems that I can't open
> the page because I don't have the right program??
> Do I need a program for PHP?
>
> Can I make a "recomend to friend" from frontpage, or can I have this in
> html?
>
> thanks

moon

I tried to look already for a javascript but I can't find one, can anyone
suggest one with about this "recomend a friend"
I what I would like to have most is that the sender can fill in multiple
e-mail addresses to send to different friends

thanks in advance
gert