nancye

4/3/2004 1:22:00 PM

I created my website with Frontpage. It is a website with
five subwebs that I am moving to another website host. I
just found out that the new website host will redirect the
subweb URLs to the "home" page of my website. Then I am
to have code that will redirect it to the appropriate
URL. The tech person at the new website host tells me
that they know I can do it using a cold fusion function,
but are not sure on the front page redirection. Please
help.
2 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi Nancye,

The question is not clear if you wish to use different domain names then redirect or just how this is function for you. If you're
using different domain names then you'd set up a home / index page that uses a redirect meta tag that would run a script (ASP) and
would check the referer domain and direct to the correct folder path (subweb).

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...

"nancye" <nbricketts@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:17aee01c4197e$af329d00$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I created my website with Frontpage. It is a website with
> five subwebs that I am moving to another website host. I
> just found out that the new website host will redirect the
> subweb URLs to the "home" page of my website. Then I am
> to have code that will redirect it to the appropriate
> URL. The tech person at the new website host tells me
> that they know I can do it using a cold fusion function,
> but are not sure on the front page redirection. Please
> help.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Hi Mike...
Thanks for answering my query. To clear up a bit - I
currently have subdomains. Once I move the website, when
a person tries to see one of pages that have a subdomain
URL, the new webhost will route it to the homepage
(index.html). I have to have the proper coding on the
homepage that will redirect to the page the person
actually wished to see.

Thank you for the information that I need a redirect meta
tag that would run a script (ASP) and would check the
referer domain and direct to the correct folder path
(subweb or subdomain). Any information on where I can get
this?

nancye