=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/3/2004 12:34:00 AM

is there some way to insert into the html code, a command
that will automatically re-size the web page to whatever
resolution a person looking at it is using. I'm trying
to create everything within 800x600, but sometimes
pictures and frames want to jump around when I view it in
800x600. View it in 1024 resolution and everything is
fine.

Any help??

Thanks,
Mike
2 Answers

Steve Easton

Create your pages inside a main table set to 100% width, and then ad cells
inside the main table to hold your images and text.
Do *not* use the space bar to center images or move items into place on the
page. Use the center, right align and left align buttons on the toolbar to
position your content. Highlight what you want to position and then click
the appropriate button.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there some way to insert into the html code, a command
> that will automatically re-size the web page to whatever
> resolution a person looking at it is using. I'm trying
> to create everything within 800x600, but sometimes
> pictures and frames want to jump around when I view it in
> 800x600. View it in 1024 resolution and everything is
> fine.
>
> Any help??
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Dale Houstman

RichL wrote:
> jtees4 <jtees4@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 01:26:09 -0800 (PST), Fattuchus
>> <fattuchus@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Art or opportunism?
>>>

> http://mystilllife.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/a195619009a0e55654108...
>>> Both? Neither?
>>>
>>> Discuss.
>>>
>>> I say both art and opportuni$m.
>>>
>>> I wonder what John would have thought about it. Do you think John
>>> would have approved of Yoko's album cover? What if Paul McCartney or
>>> George Harrison made an album and used this picture on the cover?
>> I think John would have loved the idea for it's art shock value. I
>> don't think Paul or George would have the right to do it, his wife
>> does however.
>
> Agreed.

Of course...But surely the question isn't mainly one of "rights" but of
"taste" and - more importantly and less "Aunt Maude-ish" - aesthetic
balance: if the shock value balanced by aesthetic values? Beyond that,
it would be a matter of knowing precisely Yoko's thought process when
she was choosing it: whether she considered it a truly artistic matter
of sharing an emotion with the audience, or whether she saw it as an
opportunity to render her own product more attractive to those more
enamored with John's legacy than with her musical talents. Since we
cannot know this, we can only make individual judgments on the cover's
merits. It didn't bother me in the least when I saw it, and I felt it
was both a provocative and a sharing gesture. If other information arose
tomorrow, I might change my own mind, but - as it stands and looks to
continue to stand - there really is nothing obviously opportunistic
about it, but even it there were, so? As if "art" and "exploitation"
were not often the same side of the same coin.

dmh