microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

password protect one child page only

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/2/2004 9:19:00 PM

I have one page that I would like to have a password box
popup when the visitor tries to log on. Similar to when I
log on to publish the site.

Any help?

thanks,

bill chapman
2 Answers

Bob Branch

Go to www.palmyramacedonrotary.org and take a look at the members only page.
I do just what you want. It is not super secure but it works. you should be
able to look at the code and see how it is done.

Bob

"bill chapman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have one page that I would like to have a password box
> popup when the visitor tries to log on. Similar to when I
> log on to publish the site.
>
> Any help?
>
> thanks,
>
> bill chapman

Greg Chagnon

Hi Bill,

Take a look at Page Protector or Page Protector Pro at
http://www.websunl.../order/Product/PageProtector/page_pro...
http://www.websunl.../order/Product/PagePro/p...

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02