COM Interop with C# - byte array

YIguchi

I am novice to interop.

I have a set of c++ classes. I searched the net and find that i should make
COM wrapper and call that COM wrapper from C# code.

I am just wondering if all of my function takes byte or byte array or byte
pointer.

When i will make the wrapper in COM , it will have which data type. And
which data type i will pass to c# class.

Regards,
Y Iguchi
1 Answer

Ben Voigt [C++ MVP]

"YIguchi" <YIguchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am novice to interop.
>
> I have a set of c++ classes. I searched the net and find that i should
> make
> COM wrapper and call that COM wrapper from C# code.
You have C++ source code? Then you should recompile with /clr. You can
either change the classes into .NET "ref class"es, or add new "ref class"
wrappers. Then all your code is available to C# just like the Microsoft
libraries, just by adding the assembly to the references list.