microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

creating email hyperlink on a results page

Debi

4/2/2004 4:02:00 PM

Hi there :)
I created a form that allows a user to input name, phone
number and email address. Once submitted, the results page
includes this information as text. Im trying to change
either the result page or the form properties so that the
email address becmes a hyperlink on the results page that
other users can click on to send an email to that person.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me? (btw, I am using
FP 2000)
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Deb Gelsi
3 Answers

Peter Aitken

"Debi" <webmaster@brvsc.org> wrote in message
> Hi there :)
> I created a form that allows a user to input name, phone
> number and email address. Once submitted, the results page
> includes this information as text. Im trying to change
> either the result page or the form properties so that the
> email address becmes a hyperlink on the results page that
> other users can click on to send an email to that person.
> Does anyone have any suggestions for me? (btw, I am using
> FP 2000)
> Thanks in advance for any and all help.
> Deb Gelsi

You need to learn the HTML code for a Mail To link, then program your page
to output that to the results page.

--
Peter Aitken

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FP]

Debi:
Are you using the Database Results Wizard? Try this:
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/...dbrwtipsandtricks...

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/...

Debi <webmaster@brvsc.org> wrote:
> Hi there :)
> I created a form that allows a user to input name, phone
> number and email address. Once submitted, the results page
> includes this information as text. Im trying to change
> either the result page or the form properties so that the
> email address becmes a hyperlink on the results page that
> other users can click on to send an email to that person.
> Does anyone have any suggestions for me? (btw, I am using
> FP 2000)
> Thanks in advance for any and all help.
> Deb Gelsi

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

In FrontPage edit mode open the page with the results
table, just double-click on the field name on the results
table and choose "Display as Hyperlink".