microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Placing text on graphic - not working

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/2/2004 9:01:00 AM

My client recently upgraded from FP2000 to FP2003. He
has a .gif image that represents a land parcel divided
into lots. As he sells a lot, he places the word SOLD on
the spot representing that lot. Or, at least he used to
do that. The Picture toolbar's Text tool is greyed out.
It is just not available! The SOLD text boxes that were
on the page before the upgrade are still there, but they
have been converted to Hotspots with no destination. I
devised a workaround by creating a small layer with the
SOLD text in it and positioning that over the newly sold
lot. But, this is not a real answer to the problem. Has
anyone else experienced this?
2 Answers

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

The best solution to your problem would be to use an
image editing program such as Photoshop Elements but you
might get by using Paint that comes with Windows.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

I think I wasn't clear enough in my message. The thing
that is not working is a thing that used to work -
easily. One would simply select the graphic image, then
click the Text tool on the Pictures toolbar, click on the
image and start typing. This the text right on the
image. This was very useful for adding text to any image
or shape. This feature is no longer working on my
clien'ts upgraded installation of FP - he went from FP200
to FP2003. Not only is it not working for creating new
text on images, the text items that were there are still
there, but they are no longer text items - they have
become Hotspots. Checking their properties, one learns
they have no destination - they are hyperlinks to
nowhere. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks.