microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Globally update hyperlinks

Jim

4/1/2004 9:34:00 PM

I've got a dozen or so pages that point to somepage_loans.htm where they
should point to somepage_index.htm. Each page has multiple references and
it will be time consuming finding all the incorrect references. Is there a
way to globally change every hyperlink that points to somepage_loans.htm to
somepage_index.htm?

Thanks

3 Answers

Don Torelli

Under "Edit", select Replace, insert the Find With and Replace With boxes,
and check the All Pages under the Find Where. I think you click on Replace
All and that should do it.

"Jim" <wish.i.was@home.now> wrote in message
> it will be time consuming finding all the incorrect references. Is there
> way to globally change every hyperlink that points to somepage_loans.htm
> somepage_index.htm?
>
> Thanks

Kevin Spencer

FrontPage 2003 has awesome Search and Replace capability. What version are
you using?

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Jim" <wish.i.was@home.now> wrote in message
> I've got a dozen or so pages that point to somepage_loans.htm where they
> should point to somepage_index.htm. Each page has multiple references and
> it will be time consuming finding all the incorrect references. Is there
> way to globally change every hyperlink that points to somepage_loans.htm
> somepage_index.htm?
>
> Thanks

J.D.

Hi, I have the same question. Has anyone answered this
yet? We just updated our website. However, all of the old
links are pointing to founders.howard.edu/hupress

and i just want them to point to www.hupress.howard.edu

How do I globally update all of the links? I too think it
would be too time consuming to fix every single link on
our entire Web page and want to know how to do it. If you
find out, can you email me? ASAP.

Thanks,

J.D.