J Harrigan

4/1/2004 7:39:00 PM

I have some links that are not working. I know why they're not working, but
I don't know how to fix them. I hope this is an easy question; I'm quite a
novice.

The pages under the folder 'hotel-reviews' have an includes footer section
that reads '<!-- #include virtual="../includes/footer.asp" -->. The
directory structure is as follows:

root
--hotel-reviews (the 'includes' links on the pages in this directory don't
work)
--includes (this is where footer.asp lives)

The links in the footer are not working because the browser is looking for
footer.asp in hotel-reviews/footer.asp and not in the root directory.

What can I do to correct this? Do I need to put a path to the links in the
footer.asp file? Thanks...Jan

2 Answers

Don Torelli

Change "hotel-reviews/footer.asp "to "hotel-reviews/includes/footer.asp"

"J Harrigan" <jlharrigan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The links in the footer are not working because the browser is looking for
> footer.asp in hotel-reviews/footer.asp and not in the root directory.

J Harrigan

Thanks...the 'includes' directory is under the root directory, so
hotel-reviews/includes/footer.asp would not work. I don't know how to
specify the root directory. It should be
http://localmachine/includes/footer.asp, but while that will work for my
local machine, it won't work when I publish to the webserver since the
webserver has a different name. Any ideas on how to specify the root without
specifying the machine name?