using Unsigned Thirdparty DLL

Aravind

I have a Third party DLL which is not signed. I am trying to use that DLL in
my Class Library. While time of building i got an error saying "The
referenced DLL doesnot have strong name key"

I used ILDASM to disassemble the dll. The output containes Sample.IL
Sample.res and Sample.Resource.resource. I used ILASM to assemble(ilasm /dll
/resource=sample.res sample.il /out=sample.dll /key=someSN.snk) ,
and tried using in my application i still getting "The referenced DLL
doesnot have strong name key" .

Can you please tell me what mistake i am doing.. or is there is any best way
sign Third party dll with strong Name?

Thanks
Aravind
3 Answers

Javier G. Lozano

On Jun 12, 5:12 am, Aravind <Arav...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Third party DLL which is not signed. I am trying to use that DLL in
> my Class Library. While time of building i got an error saying "The
> referenced DLL doesnot have strong name key"
>
> I used ILDASM to disassemble the dll. The output containes Sample.IL
> Sample.res and Sample.Resource.resource. I used ILASM to assemble(ilasm /dll
> /resource=sample.res sample.il /out=sample.dll /key=someSN.snk) ,
> and tried using in my application i still getting "The referenced DLL
> doesnot have strong name key" .
>
> Can you please tell me what mistake i am doing.. or is there is any best way
> sign Third party dll with strong Name?
>
> Thanks
> Aravind

Did you try:

ilasm sample.IL /dll /key:someSN.snk /resource=Sample.res /
out=sample.dll? Just switching the input of the IL file.

Mehul Gurjar

Hello Arvind,

Have you tried using Dllimport attribute. If you like to use the third party
dll into your class file, you first need to import the dll in the class file
using

[DllImport("THIRDPARTY.DLL", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)] ( C# syntax )

CharSet is optional so you can remove that.

Please post your dll name or code so that I can give you a proper response.

With Regards

Mehul Gurjar

"Aravind" <Aravind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a Third party DLL which is not signed. I am trying to use that DLL
> in
> my Class Library. While time of building i got an error saying "The
> referenced DLL doesnot have strong name key"
>
> I used ILDASM to disassemble the dll. The output containes Sample.IL
> Sample.res and Sample.Resource.resource. I used ILASM to assemble(ilasm
> /dll
> /resource=sample.res sample.il /out=sample.dll /key=someSN.snk) ,
> and tried using in my application i still getting "The referenced DLL
> doesnot have strong name key" .
>
> Can you please tell me what mistake i am doing.. or is there is any best
> way
> sign Third party dll with strong Name?
>
> Thanks
> Aravind

robw

On Jun 15, 10:31 pm, Buster Norris <bustyourf...@rocketmail.com>
wrote:
> The DemocRAT Hall Of Shamehttp://www.democrathallofsham...
> "Why do you always LIE?"
>
> [Courtesy of Buster Norris:]
>
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 15:14:34 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >And the identical Google profile?
> >Sorry, ain't working.
>
> Why are you so fucking stupid???????????
>
> Google is as simple as it gets, thats why I gave you ALL THE LINKS IN
>
> Now EVERYONE knows YOU LIE ABOUT POSTING ON GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Posted from:
> The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!http://www.democrathallof...

I see that you still have no answers.
Everyone else who reads this (and according to you that number is
billions and billions)
will also know that you have no answers and are nothing more than a
loser and a liar.