'System.StackOverflowException'

Sandeep Thoppil

6/9/2007 3:36:00 PM

Hi

I am using Word 2003 interop to read and write into activeX controls that I am using inside Word document. I am accessing those controls from a VB.net application.
In some machine I found the application unexpectedy getting closed. As i debugged it I found ...

An unhandled exception of type 'System.StackOverflowException' occurred in
mscorlib.dll

//these are the set of code that threwthe above said exception
Dim cmbTemp As Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.Forms.ComboBox
OLEFormt = doc.InlineShapes(index).OLEFormat
cmbTemp = OLEFormt.Object
OLEFormt.Activate()
strText = cmbTemp.Text //this stmt threw the exception
Return strText

I can also find the code works fine in the developement machine as well as in soem other machines. All the machine were I tested was installed with .Net framework 2.0 and XP service pack 2.

Could somebody find me a soultion for this.

Thank you

Sandeep Thoppil

___
Newsgroups brought to you courtesy of www.dotnetjohn.com
1 Answer

GS

I am not expert. Allow me to suggest
- comparing the mscrodlib.dll
in the pc that works and in the one that does not, if you have not already
done so
- make sure they all have the same update for .net 2 framework