Excel 2007 Copy to Clipboard -- Word 2007 Paste Special

JT

6/8/2007 3:38:00 PM

We are programatically generating Excel Charts (2007) and need to
embed them into a document. The problem stems that we do not
initially know how many charts will be generated, and they all differ
in data points. Thus because of the way they are linked we cannot:

for each DataSet in All_DataSets
// create or modify data
Chart.Copy();
Document.Paste();

If we continue to modify any of the data points for a chart (and it
has already been once copied to the Word document) then all charts
update accordingly. Each chart is different in data but of the same
type.

The only solution that I have figured out is to do a manual Copy (Ctrl
+ C) and in Word do a Paste Special. Only then am I presented with
the option to paste it as a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object, which
solves my problem. Doing a programattic Copy and a manual Paste
Special does not give this option.

How can we programatically copy the chart as an MS Office Excel Chart
Object so that we can continue to udpate the next data set without
modifying an already existing chart?

33 Answers

GS

take a look at
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1710452&am...
it is c# but that should give you an idea
"JT" <josh.tucholski@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We are programatically generating Excel Charts (2007) and need to
> embed them into a document. The problem stems that we do not
> initially know how many charts will be generated, and they all differ
> in data points. Thus because of the way they are linked we cannot:
>
> for each DataSet in All_DataSets
> // create or modify data
> Chart.Copy();
> Document.Paste();
>
> If we continue to modify any of the data points for a chart (and it
> has already been once copied to the Word document) then all charts
> update accordingly. Each chart is different in data but of the same
> type.
>
> The only solution that I have figured out is to do a manual Copy (Ctrl
> + C) and in Word do a Paste Special. Only then am I presented with
> the option to paste it as a Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object, which
> solves my problem. Doing a programattic Copy and a manual Paste
> Special does not give this option.
>
> How can we programatically copy the chart as an MS Office Excel Chart
> Object so that we can continue to udpate the next data set without
> modifying an already existing chart?

RogerN

"Ed Huntress" <huntres23@optonline.net> wrote in message

> "RogerN" <regor@midwest.net> wrote in message
>> "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_tools@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> ...and ALL Democrats too!!!
>>>
>>> Laugh..laugh..laugh..
>>>
>>> TMT
>>

>> Most that would see her as a loser would also agree that she isn't nearly
>> as much of a loser as TMT!
>>
>> I see you never did come back to explain how not funding Planned
>> Parenthood with taxpayer dollars takes away a woman's right to an
>> abortion, especially since none of the taxpayer dollars are supposed to
>> go to the abortion services. Your thinking is really screwed up.
>
> HIS thinking is screwed up? Roger, if taxpayer dollars don't go to their
> abortion services, why do you want to de-fund them?
>
> You're really getting confusing to follow.
>
> --
> Ed Huntress

Well, my ex wife claimed she didn't buy her sport car with child support
money, that can be "true", but if it were not for the child support she
could not have afforded the car. In the same way Planned Parenthood can
claim the money isn't used for abortion, and that may be true on paper, but
it frees up other money in their budget that can be used for abortion.

Also, can Planned Parenthood be completely neutral with their abortion
counseling? If they recommend abortion do they suggest other abortion
clinics or only their own? It creates a conflict of interest and that kind
of thing isn't allowed in the companies I've worked for. If I were going to
purchase hammers for the government they might be the $50 ones from Roger's
government hardware store.

So we have the taxpayer funding Planned Parenthood and their counselors
advising abortions that they conveniently provide. Corruption as usual.

RogerN

Too_Many_Tools

On Jun 15, 8:32 pm, "Ed Huntress" <huntre...@optonline.net> wrote:
> "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> wrote in message

> > "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> ...and ALL Democrats too!!!
>
> >> Laugh..laugh..laugh..
>
> >> TMT
>
> > Most that would see her as a loser would also agree that she isn't nearly
> > as much of a loser as TMT!
>
> > I see you never did come back to explain how not funding Planned
> > Parenthood with taxpayer dollars takes away a woman's right to an
> > abortion, especially since none of the taxpayer dollars are supposed to go
> > to the abortion services.  Your thinking is really screwed up.
>
> HIS thinking is screwed up? Roger, if taxpayer dollars don't go to their
> abortion services, why do you want to de-fund them?
>
> You're really getting confusing to follow.
>
> --
> Ed Huntress
>

> > Not laughing, it's sad how screwed up your thinking is, have you done a
> > lot of drugs?
>
> > RogerN- Hide quoted text -

LOL..Ed..don't confuse Roger with the facts,

Like most conservatives, reality does not matter to them...only what
their little fantasies are is what matters to them.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

On Jun 15, 7:00 pm, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> wrote:
> "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > ...and ALL Democrats too!!!
>
> > Laugh..laugh..laugh..
>
> > TMT
>
> Most that would see her as a loser would also agree that she isn't nearly as
> much of a loser as TMT!
>
> I see you never did come back to explain how not funding Planned Parenthood
> with taxpayer dollars takes away a woman's right to an abortion, especially
> since none of the taxpayer dollars are supposed to go to the abortion
> services.  Your thinking is really screwed up.
>
> Not laughing, it's sad how screwed up your thinking is, have you done a lot
> of drugs?
>
> RogerN

As it has been pointed out by others Roger, you seem to have a very
serious problem with women.

Serious enough that I would require you to attend therapy if you were
before a court.

Lacking that...you might be more comfortable in Afghanistan with those
that share your hatred of women.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/15/us-women-danger-idUSTRE75E3...

TMT

Tom Gardner

"RogerN" wrote in message

[...]

Roger, every person has free will. They have the RIGHT to do wrong. All
the leftists do is make it easier to do wrong and make boatloads of money in
the process. Leftists benefit by people doing wrong by numbing people to
bad behavior and indoctrinating them that everything they do is OK so they
can rake in MORE cash. This helps justify in their minds all the bad things
they do and pour money into politicians that will reward them with laws,
contracts and policies that will continue and expand the cycle.

(DISCLAIMER: I'm referring to "Right and Wrong" as defined in my personal
belief system. Others believe that murdering unborn children is perfectly
OK, and that is their right. I think everything will come out in the wash.)

Gray Ghost

"Tom Gardner" <kl57ytr@gmail.com> wrote in

> "RogerN" wrote in message
>
> Well, my ex wife claimed she didn't buy her sport car with child support
> money, that can be "true", but if it were not for the child support she
> could not have afforded the car. In the same way Planned Parenthood can
> claim the money isn't used for abortion, and that may be true on paper,
> but it frees up other money in their budget that can be used for
> abortion.
>
> Also, can Planned Parenthood be completely neutral with their abortion
> counseling? If they recommend abortion do they suggest other abortion
> clinics or only their own? It creates a conflict of interest and that
> kind of thing isn't allowed in the companies I've worked for. If I were
> going to purchase hammers for the government they might be the $50 ones
> from Roger's government hardware store.
>
> So we have the taxpayer funding Planned Parenthood and their counselors
> advising abortions that they conveniently provide. Corruption as usual.
>
> RogerN
>
> Roger, every person has free will. They have the RIGHT to do wrong.
> All the leftists do is make it easier to do wrong and make boatloads of
> money in the process. Leftists benefit by people doing wrong by numbing
> people to bad behavior and indoctrinating them that everything they do
> is OK so they can rake in MORE cash. This helps justify in their minds
> all the bad things they do and pour money into politicians that will
> reward them with laws, contracts and policies that will continue and
> expand the cycle.
>
> (DISCLAIMER: I'm referring to "Right and Wrong" as defined in my
> personal belief system. Others believe that murdering unborn children
> is perfectly OK, and that is their right. I think everything will come
> out in the wash.)

Well said. Which is why all pimps and drug dealers are leftists. It is
clearly in the leftist's favor the more weak and corruptable people are.

--
Herman Cain for President! http://herma...
If you don't support him you are a Racist!!

Remember Desert One, Carter 0? Ain't it sad to wish that Obama had as much
ambition but being glad he doesn't knowing he doesn't have THAT much
competence?

RogerN

On Jun 15, 7:00 pm, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> wrote:
> "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > ...and ALL Democrats too!!!
>
> > Laugh..laugh..laugh..
>
> > TMT
>
> Most that would see her as a loser would also agree that she isn't nearly
> as
> much of a loser as TMT!
>
> I see you never did come back to explain how not funding Planned
> Parenthood
> with taxpayer dollars takes away a woman's right to an abortion,
> especially
> since none of the taxpayer dollars are supposed to go to the abortion
> services. Your thinking is really screwed up.
>
> Not laughing, it's sad how screwed up your thinking is, have you done a
> lot
> of drugs?
>
> RogerN
\As it has been pointed out by others Roger, you seem to have a very
\serious problem with women.
\Serious enough that I would require you to attend therapy if you were
\before a court.
\Lacking that...you might be more comfortable in Afghanistan with those
\that share your hatred of women.
\http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/15/us-women-danger-idUSTRE75E3...
\TMT

I see it as you are the one that hates women. There are many women that
tell of their planned parenthood experience, they were rushed in for an
abortion without being fully informed. One woman said they changed the
terminology and she didn't even realize they were performing an abortion
until it was too late. Many have had complications, depression, etc. But
as long as the money goes to the Democrats, the women don't matter to
Democrats, the money does.

RogerN

Gray Ghost

> "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_tools@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 15, 7:00 pm, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> wrote:
>> "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> ..
>>
>> > ...and ALL Democrats too!!!
>>
>> > Laugh..laugh..laugh..
>>
>> > TMT
>>
>> Most that would see her as a loser would also agree that she isn't
>> nearly as
>> much of a loser as TMT!
>>
>> I see you never did come back to explain how not funding Planned
>> Parenthood
>> with taxpayer dollars takes away a woman's right to an abortion,
>> especially
>> since none of the taxpayer dollars are supposed to go to the abortion
>> services. Your thinking is really screwed up.
>>
>> Not laughing, it's sad how screwed up your thinking is, have you done a
>> lot
>> of drugs?
>>
>> RogerN
> > \As it has been pointed out by others Roger, you seem to have a very
> \serious problem with women.
> > \Serious enough that I would require you to attend therapy if you were
> \before a court.
> > \Lacking that...you might be more comfortable in Afghanistan with those
> \that share your hatred of women.
> > \http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/15/us-women-danger-idUS...
> 0110615 > \TMT
>
> I see it as you are the one that hates women. There are many women that
> tell of their planned parenthood experience, they were rushed in for an
> abortion without being fully informed. One woman said they changed the
> terminology and she didn't even realize they were performing an abortion
> until it was too late. Many have had complications, depression, etc.
> But as long as the money goes to the Democrats, the women don't matter
> to Democrats, the money does.
>
> RogerN

Ever see the misery in the eyeys of a young woman had one and realized
afterwards just what she'd done?

It's part of the indoctrination. If a women has an abortion at some point
it will become obvious to her what she's done. One reaction that the evil
left counts on is that women will go into denial in order to suppress the
guilt and become vociferous in favor of abortions as to do otherwise is to
confront the evil that she did. Not many can do that so get a woman an
abortion and she will very likely vote that way.

Typical, anything for a vote, even murder.

--
Herman Cain for President! http://herma...
If you don't support him you are a Racist!!
He beat Cancer. He'll beat Obama (who is just like cancer)

Remember Desert One, Carter 0? Ain't it sad to wish that Obama had as much
ambition but being glad he doesn't knowing he doesn't have THAT much
competence?

Ed Huntress

"RogerN" <regor@midwest.net> wrote in message
> "Ed Huntress" <huntres23@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "RogerN" <regor@midwest.net> wrote in message
>>> "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_tools@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Most that would see her as a loser would also agree that she isn't
>>> nearly as much of a loser as TMT!
>>>
>>> I see you never did come back to explain how not funding Planned
>>> Parenthood with taxpayer dollars takes away a woman's right to an
>>> abortion, especially since none of the taxpayer dollars are supposed to
>>> go to the abortion services. Your thinking is really screwed up.
>>
>> HIS thinking is screwed up? Roger, if taxpayer dollars don't go to their
>> abortion services, why do you want to de-fund them?
>>
>> You're really getting confusing to follow.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Huntress
>
> Well, my ex wife claimed she didn't buy her sport car with child support
> money, that can be "true", but if it were not for the child support she
> could not have afforded the car. In the same way Planned Parenthood can
> claim the money isn't used for abortion, and that may be true on paper,
> but it frees up other money in their budget that can be used for abortion.

You've got to be kidding. Your cronies are all over PP like pit bulls.
Because of their tax status, they have to be independently audited.

If any of the anti-abortionists found a HINT of funds co-mingling, they
would have attacked like the hounds of hell.

> Also, can Planned Parenthood be completely neutral with their abortion
> counseling? If they recommend abortion do they suggest other abortion
> clinics or only their own?

How would you know? And why would it matter?

> It creates a conflict of interest and that kind of thing isn't allowed in
> the companies I've worked for. If I were going to purchase hammers for
> the government they might be the $50 ones from Roger's government hardware
> store.

Nonsense. Most doctors, clinics, and hospitals recommend their own services.
So do most other businesses.

> So we have the taxpayer funding Planned Parenthood and their counselors
> advising abortions that they conveniently provide. Corruption as usual.

That's convenient. You imagine what they do, and then you define it as
corruption, when that's exactly what most of the medical practices that I've
ever experienced do.

You live in a universe of your own imagination, Roger.

--
Ed Huntress

> RogerN

RD Sandman

"Ed Huntress" <huntres23@optonline.net> wrote in

> "RogerN" <regor@midwest.net> wrote in message
>> "Too_Many_Tools" <too_many_tools@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> m...
>>> ...and ALL Democrats too!!!
>>>
>>> Laugh..laugh..laugh..
>>>
>>> TMT
>>

>> Most that would see her as a loser would also agree that she isn't
>> nearly as much of a loser as TMT!
>>
>> I see you never did come back to explain how not funding Planned
>> Parenthood with taxpayer dollars takes away a woman's right to an
>> abortion, especially since none of the taxpayer dollars are supposed
>> to go to the abortion services. Your thinking is really screwed up.
>
> HIS thinking is screwed up? Roger, if taxpayer dollars don't go to
> their abortion services, why do you want to de-fund them?
>
> You're really getting confusing to follow.

Ed, he did not say that taxpayer dollars *didn't* go to abortions, he
said that taxpayer dollars are *not supposed* to go to abortions. Slight
difference in statement.

--
Sleep well tonight,

RD (The Sandman)

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill
and a laxative on the same night.