microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

animated gif display problem

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

3/7/2004 3:41:00 PM

I have a FP 2000 web site.

I added a small animated gif which displays fine when I
preview it but when I publish the web.. nothing is there.

I tried it on another system and I could see it fine.

I though it might be my Norton Internet Security blocking
it but I disabled it and still no luck. I also checked IE
to make sure "play web page animations" was selected and
it was.

Is this a problem in IE 6 or is it something I did wrong
on my site.

Any ideas?

Thanks all..

Scott
4 Answers

Tom Pepper

Post a public URL for us to look at the page/image in question.
--
-----
Tom Pepper Willett
"Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I have a FP 2000 web site.
|
| I added a small animated gif which displays fine when I
| preview it but when I publish the web.. nothing is there.
|
| I tried it on another system and I could see it fine.
|
| I though it might be my Norton Internet Security blocking
| it but I disabled it and still no luck. I also checked IE
| to make sure "play web page animations" was selected and
| it was.
|
| Is this a problem in IE 6 or is it something I did wrong
| on my site.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanks all..
|
| Scott

JDR

Scott

I am not aware of any issues with animated gifs. Did you clear your cache, temp files

What is the url

JD
***************

Scott

The site address is www.yarmouthpolice.com

The gif in question is near to the bottom of the page from MADD. It's a
small animated gif which talks about "how many keys do you see. It should
appear right above the handcuff icon.

Thanks for checking

Scott

"Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a FP 2000 web site.
>
> I added a small animated gif which displays fine when I
> preview it but when I publish the web.. nothing is there.
>
> I tried it on another system and I could see it fine.
>
> I though it might be my Norton Internet Security blocking
> it but I disabled it and still no luck. I also checked IE
> to make sure "play web page animations" was selected and
> it was.
>
> Is this a problem in IE 6 or is it something I did wrong
> on my site.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks all..
>
> Scott

Scott

I just did a small (security) update to IE and now the gif appears?? Not
sure why it happened but it's working fine.

Thanks for your input all

Scott