Connecting to SQL Server 2005 from MFC Application

Julia Beresford

5/31/2007 2:56:00 PM

I am working for a company with an existing MFC application and I have to
add functionality that requires connecting to SQL Server 2005 and getting /
setting data (perhaps 100s of records at a time).

I want to use ADO.NET to do this but I'm worried about performance issues
marshalling data from unmanaged/managed code and visa-versa. I'm also a
little concerned about problems with compiling the existing app with /CLR,
although i have looked at doing this at a class level.

Help, advice, suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Julia.