MapPoint2006 ActiveX control SLOW

pcfountain

We are developing an application with C# .Net 2.0 and using the MapPoint
2006 ActiveX control on a form. I noticed that the form with MP on it was
very slow to close - 5-7 seconds wait time, every time. So I made a small
application to test the theory - just a simple windows form with the MP
control on it, and a few buttons. Loading the form is fast, opening a map is
fast, but when I call the CloseMap() method, there is a 5-7 second delay,
every time. This is also causing the delay in closing the container form. I
have spoken to Microsoft support and they claim this is just a bug. Is there
any workaround for this issue?