Venedict

5/22/2007 9:46:00 AM

Hi All,

I have developed a .net dll which using COM interops interface.

I developed and VB6 application to utilize the dll file. It is working fine
when testing in Windows XP.

After that, I tested the application in NT4 workstation, it prompts thtat
ActiveX object cannot be created.

I would like to know is it because the dll is developed in .net 2.0 so can't
be use in NT4 environment.

Thanks.
--
Regards,
Venedict

Willy Denoyette [MVP]

"Venedict" <Venedict@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have developed a .net dll which using COM interops interface.
>
> I developed and VB6 application to utilize the dll file. It is working
> fine
> when testing in Windows XP.
>
> After that, I tested the application in NT4 workstation, it prompts thtat
> ActiveX object cannot be created.
>
> I would like to know is it because the dll is developed in .net 2.0 so
> can't
> be use in NT4 environment.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Regards,
> Venedict

NT4 is no longer supported, that means that.NET v2 cannot be installed and
code targeting V2 cannot run on V1.X. You will have to upgrade, or
re-compile against V1.1.

Willy.