Excel VBA – C# COM Interop

senthil

5/21/2007 2:31:00 PM

1. Do we have any standard design patterns or architectural guidelines for
VBA â?? C# Interop. If so, kindly provide pointers

2. We have a situation where our C# assemblies (dlls) are not strongly typed
and it raises events asynchronously based on certain business actions. As a
business requirement these events should be bubbled up to the Excel â?? VBA
layer. The obvious option is to develop a new C# COM wrapper assembly that
raises events to the VBA layer. But there are a couple of challenges to
overcome in this integration,

â?¢ As a deployment requirement we need to share the dlls in a network drive
including the configuration file (Excel.Exe.Config). Also some of our
dependent assemblies are not strongly typed. How to achieve this?
â?¢ Is is possible to specify a generic configuration files for this COM
interop wrapper assembly (like, COMWrapper.dll.Config) so that any excel or
word VBA that uses this wrapper can use this generic config file. Also, in
the config file is it possible to specify the path of the dependent
assemblies like â??AssemblyA.dll path=â?L:\Test\AssemblyA.dllâ? , â??AssemblyB.dll
path=�I:\Test\AssemblyB.dll�
(The basic reason is to avoid deployment at individual machines)

Kindly provide me with a standard approach to solve this requirement.

Thanks in Advance.