Exceptions in events in ActiveX control are supressed/silenced?

martin

5/19/2007 5:45:00 PM

I was testing out the Visio ActiveX control recently. I noticed that if an
exception is thrown inside its methods, then that exceptions seems to be
swallowed and ignored? If I put a try/catch around the code inside the event
handler then I see the exception but if I remove the try/catch the exception
never manages to crash the application as it normally would. Still I know
that the exception happens even without the try/catch because only half the
code in my event handler actually runs.

So, what's the story here? Is it normal the ActiveX controls mute managed
exceptions like this?

Regards,
Martin