Win Control exposed event to IE client script stop working when i install .net 2.0 on client machine

soniajay80

5/16/2007 11:17:00 AM

Hi All,
I am using some custom win controls in my webapplication, There was
one requirement where i have to raise a event of control's from my
aspx's JavaScript where that control was placed,
For that i have followed the article of MSDN "Sink Managed C# Events
in Internet Explorer Script " (http://support.microsoft.com...)
and i have added COM interface code (see the MSDN link for complete
details) and also added proper methods in my aspx page with
JavaScript method.

the control;s code is like -->

public delegate void event_to_Raise(string parm1,string parm2);

[GuidAttribute("B5BD6C89-D229-4039-A6FC-766177B17906")]
[InterfaceTypeAttribute(ComInterfaceType.InterfaceIsIDispatch)]
public interface ControlEvents
{
[DispIdAttribute(0x60020000)]
void event_to_Raise(string parm1,string parm2);
}
[ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceType.AutoDispatch),
ComSourceInterfaces(typeof(ControlEvents))]

and in client script is -->

<script language="javascript" event="event_to_Raise(parm1,parm2)"
for="myControl1">
function myControl1::event_to_Raise(parm1,parm2)
{
//some operation code
}

</script>

The logic is working fine when the .net version 1.0 is present in
client m/c where we are using the applications It is firing that event
and returning all required values properly but when i install the .net
2.0 framework on that client m/c , it stop working, even it will not
work when server m/c contain .net 1.0 frameworks but the client m/c
contain the frameworks 2.0 or above. It will never work for a browser
where the .net framework is 2.0 or above is intalled

Does anyone have any idea about this strange problem ?

5 Answers

Crisstti

On Dec 15, 3:35 pm, BLACKPOOLJIMMY <Blackpoolji...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > It was very naughty...NOT as naughty as Mr. Woody
>
> > Hey, cool. Now the thread has TWO people making racist comments while
> > saying they're morally superior to Woods.- Hide quoted text -

> Is this directed at me?
>
> I may be many things...racist is not one of them.
>
> My brown ball/white ball comment is worthy of a Carlin standup.
>
> Speaking of Woods....seems there are NO black folk in his life. Most
> of the "entourage" is blonde and white.
>
> I think he is ashamed of his race.- Hide quoted text -

Oh, come on. He having a white wife and white lovers doesn't mean
he's ashamed of his race. Why would it.

Or maybe you were joking.

Crisstti

On Dec 15, 7:46 pm, Fattuchus <fattuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 1:35 pm, BLACKPOOLJIMMY <Blackpoolji...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Hey, cool. Now the thread has TWO people making racist comments while
> > > saying they're morally superior to Woods.- Hide quoted text -

> > Is this directed at me?
>
> > I may be many things...racist is not one of them.
>
> > My brown ball/white ball comment is worthy of a Carlin standup.
>
> > Speaking of Woods....seems there are NO black folk in his life. Most
> > of the "entourage" is blonde and white.
>
> At least he didn't try to BECOME blonde and white.
>
> Now, Michael Jackson . . . that's another story.
>

> > I think he is ashamed of his race.- Hide quoted text -

.... Michael Jackson had vitiligo, he wasn't trying to become white...

Fattuchus

On Dec 15, 7:06 pm, topaz <topazgal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 1:35 pm, BLACKPOOLJIMMY <Blackpoolji...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Hey, cool. Now the thread has TWO people making racist comments while
> > > saying they're morally superior to Woods.- Hide quoted text -

> > Is this directed at me?
>
> > I may be many things...racist is not one of them.
>
> > My brown ball/white ball comment is worthy of a Carlin standup.
>
> > Speaking of Woods....seems there are NO black folk in his life. Most
> > of the "entourage" is blonde and white.
>
> > I think he is ashamed of his race.- Hide quoted text -

> If Mr Rose does no have someone to criticize he is not happy. Remember
> that is really what is going on here.  Now wait, because I have
> responded positively to your post, I can imagine the response from Mr
> Rose, something like "Now, here comes MiniFatts, with her golf ball
> sized brain. Topaz you are so dishonest....." etc.- Hide quoted text -

LOL!

LookingGlass

On Dec 15, 4:02 pm, topaz <topazgal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> LOLOL.  I  love your sense of humor. Thanks for making me  laugh.
> Laughter is good for all of us you know. Helps me excercise my heart
> and lungs,  makes me feel good on several levels. Thanks.  Probably
> gives me more excercise that golffing and driving in one of those
> little carts.

OR...you could be dead in the morning. :o)

www.Shemakhan.com

Jim Beam

On Dec 15, 10:17 pm, Crisstti <crissttigalda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 3:35 pm, BLACKPOOLJIMMY <Blackpoolji...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Hey, cool. Now the thread has TWO people making racist comments while
> > > saying they're morally superior to Woods.- Hide quoted text -

> > Is this directed at me?
>
> > I may be many things...racist is not one of them.
>
> > My brown ball/white ball comment is worthy of a Carlin standup.
>
> > Speaking of Woods....seems there are NO black folk in his life. Most
> > of the "entourage" is blonde and white.
>
> > I think he is ashamed of his race.- Hide quoted text -

> Oh, come on.  He having a white wife and white lovers doesn't mean
> he's ashamed of his race.  Why would it.
>
> Or maybe you were joking.- Hide quoted text -

He refers himself as a Blaise ( black and asian).