Interop Project Deployment

ncaler

5/4/2007 7:34:00 PM

The following situation works perfectly when installed on my development
machine (containing VS 2005 SP1) however when I install it on machines that
do not contain Visual Studio, I receive an "unknown software exception."

I am running a aspnet webservice which is written in C#. This service calls
into a mixed-mode C++ dll which then calls into native dlls. In order to
load the native dlls into memory for the webservice to access, I have added
their location to the path (this is done on both dev and deployment systems).
I have debugged into the calls enough to know that the C# webservice
successfully calls the managed C++ function in the mixed mode dll. The
managed C++ function successfully calls the unmanaged C++ function, and the
unmanaged C++ function successfully calls into the native dlls. The native
dlls return correctly, but the unmanaged C++ function crashes when returning
(void) to the managed C++ function.

As mentioned above, this scenario works fine when installed on my
development system. I have been struggling with this bug for a while, I have
verified that the VC++ redistributables are correctly installed and the
manifest is configured correctly.

Any help would be most appreciated.

-Nick Caler