what is the message loop I should use for .net com server componen

Benny

4/30/2007 6:50:00 PM

Due to the 3rd party library limitations, I have the following constraints:
- max of one instance of a a class instance per exe instance
(RegisterTypeForComClients(..., SingleUse).
- the module must run under a pre-configured nt account.
- solution must be in .net

The solution i have is a COM server EXE and implemented in .net. With
unmanaged code, I can write a message loop to keep the process running and it
will auto shutdown when all com objects are released.

Question: in .net, is there something else I can call in the 'Main' method
or it is safe to code the message loop there also?

Thanks.
4 Answers

wawang

This is a quick note to let you know that I am performing research on this
issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your
patience.

Regards,
Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

Benny

Thank you Walter. You have been extremely helpful in my COM/.Net questions.

Jim Beam

On Dec 15, 10:16 am, Frank from Deeeetroit <dadurwe...@voyager.net>
wrote:
> On Dec 15, 9:57 am, Jeff <yourimageunre...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I've never noticed this before, but the song: "Just dropped in" (to
> > see what condition my
> > condition is in) by Kenny Rogers sounds like "Secret Agent Man" by
> > Johnny
> > Rivers. Vice versa.
>
> > Jeff
>
> "My Maria" and "Shambala."
>
> All of Jeff Lynn's productions sound like the same song.

Aerosmith after 1988, sounds like the songs that they did in the 70's
just re-written and also Van Halen after 1980 they all sound the same.
(imo)

Frank from Deeeetroit

On Dec 15, 11:36 am, Jeff <yourimageunre...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 9:16 am, Frank from Deeeetroit <dadurwe...@voyager.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 15, 9:57 am, Jeff <yourimageunre...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > I've never noticed this before, but the song: "Just dropped in" (to
> > > see what condition my
> > > condition is in) by Kenny Rogers sounds like "Secret Agent Man" by
> > > Johnny
> > > Rivers. Vice versa.
>
> > > Jeff
>
> > "My Maria" and "Shambala."
>
> > All of Jeff Lynn's productions sound like the same song.
>
> Frank, I don't think that's true, and it wouldn't have mattered
> who would have produced The Beatles Free as a Bird.
> I don't blame George Martin for not producing it.
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

So many of Jeff Lynn's productions have the same type of back-up
vocals, guitar rythmns, decending guitar notes, they all sound the
same to me. "Free As A Bird" may be the Threetles, but the production
is a little lame to me. Certainly has to do with John's vocal on a
cassette tape, but thats all they had to work with. Frank