com in winform of .net could not display wrong character??

nightsky

4/23/2007 5:38:00 AM

sorry , my english is poor. hope you guys could understand me.

i have a activex window(com), an i use this activex ctrl on a winform
window(.net).
The Acitvex Ctrl has en Edit Window taking character. when i input character
like chinese or japanese, the edit window CAN NOT display the right charater.

I Found that:

ActiveX is a ANSI WINDOW
Edit window is a ANSI WINDOW
Winform is a UNICODE WINDOW

when i debug activex, i found that the Edit Window get a UNICODE character
but
it display the ANSI charater without translating.

so is this the microsoft`s bugs ???
How could i solve this problems ???

thanks very much..

2 Answers

Christian Fröschlin

nightsky wrote:

> The Acitvex Ctrl has en Edit Window taking character. when i input character
> like chinese or japanese, the edit window CAN NOT display the right charater.

Well, if your ActiveX control doesn't support Unicode, it doesn't
support Unicode. That's not uncommon for native controls. It should
be able to display, e.g., Japanese characters, if you set both the
system default and the user language to Japanese, reboot, and use
JIS encoding for the text (possibly also need to specify font).

nightsky

thank you for your reply

user language is ok.
today i found that, when use my activex in VB or VC , it is OK.
But In DOT NET winform , it does not.

It is so confused me !!