COM object not firing events when used in .NET apps

ISGADMIN

4/19/2007 10:20:00 PM

Hi -

I am trying to use the Lotus Sametime COM Toolkit
(http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig.jsp?id=2007-03-15+03%3A35%3A07.908116R&cat=collaboration&fam=&s=c&S_TACT=104CBW71&...)
in a .NET app via COM interop. The events fire properly when used in a VB6
app, but I don't get any events when used in a C# or VB.NET app.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot such a thing?

Thanks
2 Answers

wawang

I'm not familiar with the COM component you mentioned, also I don't know
how to test it on my side; but first let's make sure how to handle COM
events in .NET:

#COM Events
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/librar...(VS.71).aspx

#Handling Events Raised by a COM Source
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/librar...(VS.71).aspx

#How to establish a COM event sink in the .NET Framework with return values
by using Visual C# .NET or Visual C# 2005
http://support.microsoft.com...

#How to establish a COM event sink with return values in the .NET Framework
by using Visual Basic .NET or Visual Basic 2005
http://support.microsoft.com...

#How to handle PowerPoint 2002 events by using Visual Basic .NET 2002
http://support.microsoft.com...

If you could help me on how to reproduce the issue on my side, I can
further troubleshoot this issue on my side. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Walter Wang (wawang@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/de....

wawang

Have you seen my last reply? Please feel free to let me know if there's
anything else I can help. Thanks.

Regards,