Get username when user deletes file through network share.

ghigbee@ameritech.net

4/17/2007 9:04:00 PM

I am trying to write an app that uses the FileSystemMonitor class. I
can successfully track changes,deletes,etc but have now been asked to
add the
username associated with the change. I have used DLLImport to add
Netapi32.dll to the project and I can successfully get the username
for create and change events but it does not return anything for
delete events. After debugging the code I believe it is because the
file is gone before the NetFileEnum function can get the information.
Does anyone know of another place I can hook to get the information I
need that may be more reliable? I am not locked into using the
NetFileEnum or even the Netapi32.dll library at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Gary