tlbimp fails when VB6 object references a CCW

Dick Swager

3/20/2007 11:52:00 PM

I have a COM object that was written in VB6 that references an object
written in C#. I have no problem accessing the .NET object from within the
VB6 code. However I need to reference the COM object in another .NET
project so I ran tlbimp.exe against the VB6 dll to generate an interop RCW.
The tlbimp fails with a message like this:

TlbImp : error TI0000 : System.IO.FileLoadException - Cannot resolve
dependency to assembly 'MyDotNetObjectReferencedByCOMObject,
Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' because it has not
been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies
must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the
ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.

So what do I need to do to preload the referenced assembly?

Thanks,
Dick