GMP, c, c++, c#: just an hint

Dino

3/16/2007 8:45:00 AM

Hi to everybody,
First of all, sorry for my english, it isn't my language.
I'm trying to write a c# app using GMP, Gnu Multi Precision Library.
I have a VS2005 project that is a "porting" of the GMP sources and 2 files
gmp.dll + gmp.lib *ready-made* also.
Because I am trying to avoid DllImports and, most of all, marshal of the c
structs of gmp I am trying to implement this architecture, a solution with 3
projects:
1 GMP project (in C) who produce a dll.
2 A C++ class library who interacts with that gmp.dll and exposes some
methods.
3 A C# project - essentialy a front end - having a "reference" to the c++
class library of point2.
I am using c# because haven't too much confidence with c++ forms, so I'll
prefer to write forms, graphics and so on using a c++ only for calcs.
What I ask is: Is that architecture realizable? Are there error insite in
that way to operate?
I am having a lot of problems and I'm trying to "hit my head on them" before
asking for help, so, essentially, I am asking if this is realizable.
Many thanks fo help.
Dino