InterOp wrapper names for .ocx files

Steve G

3/14/2007 5:17:00 PM

I'm trying to generate Windows 2005 controls from VB6 controls using
AXImp.exe. I can generate the two files but only control one of the names. I
need to generate the files with a strong key so cant use the auto generated
files. How can I generate the 2 files required that match the names that can
then be used in a Visual Studio 2005 app? For example, when I use a VB6
control in the Visual Studio App, the file AxInterOp.CTL.DLL and
Interop.CTL.dll are created. When I do this myself using AxImp "AxImp CTL.OCX
/out:AxInterOp.CTL.dll /keyfile:key.snk".

I get the file AxInterOp.ctl.dll and CTL.dll and I want InterOp.CTL.dll for
the second file. I'm guessing that a simple rename wont work because the
files are internally linked together. Any suggestions?

--
Steve G
5 Answers

Christian Fröschlin

Steve G wrote:

> I get the file AxInterOp.ctl.dll and CTL.dll and I want InterOp.CTL.dll for
> the second file.

Try: tlbimp ctl.ocx /out:InterOp.CTL.dll
and: aximp ctl.ocx /rcw:InterOp.CTL.dll

Steve G

Thanks,

According to the following link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWindowsFormsActiveXControlImporterAx...

the /rcw: option is undocumented.

--
Steve G

Steve G wrote:

> the /rcw: option is undocumented.

probably because it wasn't available in older versions. I assumed
..NET 2.0 since you mentioned Visual Studio 2005. Just type "aximp /?"
and you should see the option in all its official glory ;)

Did it work for you?

Steve G

Actually I'm using the Visual Studio 2003 version of aximp because there are
a couple of 2003 components and using the 2005 aximp generates incompatible
files, but both versions do display the /rcw option when executed /?

I'm able to generate the files using both versions of aximp and control the
names.

Thanks again!
--
Steve G

"Christian Fröschlin" wrote:

> Steve G wrote:
>
> > the /rcw: option is undocumented.
>
> probably because it wasn't available in older versions. I assumed
> ..NET 2.0 since you mentioned Visual Studio 2005. Just type "aximp /?"
> and you should see the option in all its official glory ;)
>
> Did it work for you?

Christian Fröschlin

Steve G wrote:

> Actually I'm using the Visual Studio 2003 version of aximp because there are
> a couple of 2003 components and using the 2005 aximp generates incompatible
> files, but both versions do display the /rcw option when executed /?

Ok. I tried with 2002 and it wasn't available there.