Interop with Windows service

Thilak

We are facing a strange problem when we try create an instance of a COM
Component(STA) in Windows service.

But with Windows Application, We could create an instance for the same
COM Component(STA). In ASP.NET, as it's running on MTA, we have
set AspCompat="true"in the page and also set Impersonate = true in the
web.config and after that we were able to create the instance in ASP.NET
also.

Can anyone of you let us know the root cause of this problem. (Is this
because of Windows service's security?...)

Thanks,
Thilak