Need help. How to deal with sbyte*?

mtv

2/1/2007 7:43:00 PM

My C++ function is declared like this: void Connect (const char* dest);

That translates to Connect(sbyte* dest) in C# world when it's interoped. I
need to call Connect(...) from C#, but do not know how to prepare data for it.

How do I create sbyte* in C#. Since C# does not deal w/ pointers, what's the
alternative ways to call or declare [in C++] to make it C# compatible. I
still need Connect(...) be const char* compatible too.

Thanks.

--
Your 2 cents are worth $milion$. Thanks.
1 Answer

(Mattias Sjögren)

>My C++ function is declared like this: void Connect (const char* dest);
>
>That translates to Connect(sbyte* dest) in C# world when it's interoped. I
>need to call Connect(...) from C#, but do not know how to prepare data for it.

Is it an input and/or output parameter? Does it carry text or binary
data?

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org