ruby-forum.org defaced

timsuth

3/28/2005 5:06:00 AM

http://www.ruby-... has been defaced for several days.
6 Answers

Hal E. Fulton

Tim Sutherland wrote:
> http://www.ruby-... has been defaced for several days.

I'm not familiar with that site. What is/was it?

Hal

Navindra Umanee

Tim Sutherland <timsuth@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> http://www.ruby-... has been defaced for several days.

A pretty thorough job. It seems the Ruby forum has been replaced with
PHP-based software!

Cheers,
Navin.

timsuth

In article <4247982F.7060609@hypermetrics.com>, Hal Fulton wrote:
>Tim Sutherland wrote:
>> http://www.ruby-... has been defaced for several days.
>>

>I'm not familiar with that site. What is/was it?

A web discussion board. Last time I checked it was very active, especially
with new Ruby users.

tony summerfelt

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:49:47 +0900, you wrote:

>>> http://www.ruby-... has been defaced for several days.

>A web discussion board. Last time I checked it was very active, especially
>with new Ruby users.

it's unfortunate that the few bugs phpbb2 have had, were nasty exploit
bugs.

if new forum software is considered, elog may be one to check out...
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ts...
telnet://ventedspleen.dyndns.org

Shalev NessAiver

Hello,

I would like to contribute to the RForum project.
I just got the latest source from subversion, and I've already made a
few minor changes/fixes.

However, I'm new to trac and subversion, so how would I go about
submitting my changes?

-Thanks
Shalev

On Mar 31, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Alexey Verkhovsky wrote:

> tony summerfelt wrote:
>
>> it's unfortunate that the few bugs phpbb2 have had, were nasty exploit
>> bugs.
>>
> "Unfortunate" is putting it mildly.
>
>> if new forum software is considered, elog may be one to check out...
>>
> Nope. It will be RForum (http://rforum.andreas-...), because
> Ruby Forum is one of the two BBSes that it was originally written for
> :)
> It will be back up in a few days.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Alexey Verkhovsky
>
> Ruby Forum: http://ruby... (moderator)
> RForum: http://rforum.and... (co-author)
> Instiki: http://i... (maintainer)

Andreas Schwarz

Shalev NessAiver wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to contribute to the RForum project.
> I just got the latest source from subversion, and I've already made a
> few minor changes/fixes.
>
> However, I'm new to trac and subversion, so how would I go about
> submitting my changes?

Hi Shalev,

that's nice to hear. You can enter "svn diff" in the root directory to
see the list of local changes. Save it to a file ("svn diff >
changes.txt") and mail it to me, I will add it to the repository.

Thanks
Andreas