ActiveState Ruby 1.8.2

Thursday

3/28/2005 3:20:00 AM

Anyone know if there are plans for an ActiveState version of Ruby?
5 Answers

djberg96

Thursday wrote:
> Anyone know if there are plans for an ActiveState version of Ruby?

Highly unlikely, especially in lieu of their acquisition by Sophos. I
think if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

On the other hand, if anyone from ActiveState is reading this and is
looking for someone familiar with the Win32 API and Ruby, I might be
available. :)

Regards,

Dan

Robert H

Thursday wrote:
> Anyone know if there are plans for an ActiveState version of Ruby?

I actually asked them when the 1.6 series was out. They did not seem
very interested at the time. I am guessing ActiveTcl/Perl/Python keeps
them busy as it is.

Robert

dblack

pat eyler

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:21:04 +0900, David A. Black <dblack@wobblini.net> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 sigzero@gmail.com wrote:
>

> A couple of years ago (I think) at some Linux trade show I asked
> someone from ActiveState about it, and he said that there were
> obstacles involving the different licensing of the regex stuff. That
> should be overcome by Oniguruma, but beyond that I don't know whether
> there's interest on their part.

I asked them about it at OSCON last year. They said they were watching
Ruby world, but didn't have the expertise in house to do anything yet.

They did mention that they'd love to see the Ruby debugger support the
open dbgp protocol:

http://aspn.activestate.com...

This would allow Komodo to support Ruby debugging, and would help
open some doors within ActiveState.

--
thanks,
-pate

Ryan Davis

On Mar 28, 2005, at 8:05 AM, pat eyler wrote:

> I asked them about it at OSCON last year. They said they were watching
> Ruby world, but didn't have the expertise in house to do anything yet.
>
> They did mention that they'd love to see the Ruby debugger support the
> open dbgp protocol:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com...
>
> This would allow Komodo to support Ruby debugging, and would help
> open some doors within ActiveState.

I have some email somewhere and contact information if anyone wants to
get Komodo protocol working in ruby and get it into activestate's
hands... It sounds like that is all they need to get the ball rolling.
--
ryand-ruby@zenspider.com
http://www.zenspider.com/... - Seattle.rb