REXML and XPath

Roland Schmitt

i want to select the <ds:Signature> element in the following xml
document (shortend):

<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envel... ...
<env:Header>
<wsse:Security env:mustUnderstand="1" ...
<wsse:BinarySecurityToken ...
<ds:Signature xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/... ...
<ds:SignedInfo> ...

I have tried various approachs with REXML and XPATH like

e=XPath.match(doc, "/env:Envelope/env:Header/wsse:Security/ds:Signature")

but it returns only an empty array.

e=XPath.match(doc, "/env:Envelope/env:Header/wsse:Security")

returns the <wsse:Security> element as expected.

Any hints?

Regards,

Roland

2 Answers

Phlip

Roland Schmitt wrote:

> I have tried various approachs with REXML and XPATH like
>
> e=XPath.match(doc, "/env:Envelope/env:Header/wsse:Security/ds:Signature")

XPath.first() ?

--
Phlip
http://industrialxp.org/community/bin/view/Main/TestFirstUser...

Mark T

Hi Roland.

I've spent some time with Rexml.

The preface is that the Rexml tut page is feature packed.
http://www.germane-software.com/software/rexml/docs/tut...

Most questions you will come across in your first months are answered
on this page. Amazingly.

Second tip is to make the xml 'doc' a 'Rexml doc' before you try any
Rex actions.

Nod to T-Rex soft tissue .... 'what could go wrong?'.

Markt