Kerberos for Ruby?

Moses Hohman

Does anyone know of a Ruby Kerberos implementation, or a wrapper for
the C library? I couldn't find anything on RAA, but perhaps I'm not
searching properly.

thanks,

Moses

2 Answers

Steven Jenkins

Moses Hohman wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Ruby Kerberos implementation, or a wrapper for the
> C library? I couldn't find anything on RAA, but perhaps I'm not
> searching properly.

Ruby-LDAP appears to have some support for SASL. It doesn't look like it
would be too hard to wrap SASL and/or GSS-API with SWIG, but apparently
no one's done it yet.

Steve

fasgnadh

On 14/08/2010 8:11 PM, uragoner wrote:
> On 14/08/2010 3:15 PM, fasgnadh wrote:
>> On 14/08/2010 1:03 PM, Doug wrote:
>>> http://www.islam-watch.org/AnwarSheikh/PeopleOfT...
>>> Islam and the People of the Book
>>> by Anwar Sheikh

>>> Islam seeks friendly relations with the People of the Book,
>>> that is, the Jews and the Christians.
>>
>>> "Dispute not with the People of the Book save in the fairer manner,
>>> except
>>> for those of them that do wrong; and say, 'We believe in what has been
> [...]
>> # ...
>> # 3. The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems.
>> # They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself;
>> # merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5)
>> # who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to
>> # even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith
>> # of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God."
>>

>> Now we see Christians, Muslims and Jews meeting regularly in
>> interfaith dialogue, the Pope has visited a mosque and kissed the Qur'an.
>>
>> The mistrust of centuries is disolving as they all come to
>> understand that if religion does not promote Peace and Unity,
>> it will be cast aside!
>>
>> The enemies of Peace and of Religion, warned about in EVERY
>> faith, are constantly seeking to sow hatred and distrust..
>>

>>> "The unbelievers of the People of the Book and the idolaters
>>
>> This refers to the **UNBELIEVERS** among the People of the Book, you
>> conniving fool, not to ALL people of the book!
>>
>> We have all met them.. the religious PHONIES, the ones who PRETEND
>> to be righteous, for power or popularity, but are wolves in
>> sheeps clothing.. The paedophile priests, the Inquisitors, the
>> televangelists who defraud their flocks... the Bible itself warns
>> about them and Jesus criticised the Saducees and Pharisees, castigating
>> SOME who were HYPOCRITES and lurked amongst the 'Chosen'.
>>
>> The Qur'an makes it clear, Christians Jews and other believers are
>> brothers and sisters to the Muslims in faith and belief in the One God,
>> the God of Abraham;
>>
>> "Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the
>> Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and
>> the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward
>> from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall
>> they grieve." [ The Qur'an Sura 2.62 ]
>>
>> It can't get any simpler. They have NOTHING To FEAR!
>>
>> And at Vatican II, the Church recognised this and
>> celebrated their essential unity
>>
>> http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/A055r...
>>
>> It will possibly take centuries more for this view to
>> become universal.. but the intent of God is clear:
>>
>>> those who believe, and do righteous deeds, those are the best of
>>> creatures..." (XCVIII: The Clear Sign: 5)
>>

>>> Here those Jews and Christians,
>> who are unbelievers and hypocrites, found in EVERY faith,
>>
>>> have been lumped together with the idolaters
>> such as the atheists
>> > and classified as 'the worst of
>>> creatures'.
>>
>> There are hate filled bigots who seek to create enmity and war
>> between people, but the zeitgeist, the Spirit of the Age is
>> expressed in the tolerance and unity of the inter-faith movement;
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
>>

>> The human understanding of faith, like everything else, EVOLVES;
>>

>> http://www.parliamentofreligions.org/index.cfm?n=...
>
> This is another example of the double talk (dishonesty) found repeatedly in

Thanks for warning us of what your post contains..

> Here are some verses conveinently left out
>
> ?Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last day,

And As I just told you, that DOES NOT, CANNOT apply to all the
Jews and Christians (or other religious, such as Sabeans.. ) because
they DO believe in God and the Last Day!!! IT applies ONLY to
those who DO NOT believer.. including the frauds and hypocrites
found in ANY religion! B^]

Why are you hate filled BIGOTS so DELIBERATELY IGNORANT??? B^D

You simply make FOOLS of yourselves because your malign slander,
based on your obvious stupidity and IGNORANCE is so easy to expose!

So NONE of this applies to the Children of the Book.. (if you read
the CONTEXT, you fool, ONLY to those who PERSECUTED the Muslims in the
early days.. so this is IRRELEVANT.. it is a call to self defence
against other those persecuting the small Muslim community at the time;

> not hold that

It's 'nor', not 'not', you nong! B^D

If you can't even GET THE QUOTE RIGHT, it's no surprise
you are completely CLUELESS about what it MEANS! B^]

> forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge
> the religion of truth (even if they are) of the people of the book, until
> they pay the jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.?
> (Al-Tawbah 9:29)

So even when dealing with UNBELIEVERS, the 'fight' is to be ceased, as
soon as the conquered peoples pay the tax for coming under Muslim
protection!

Do you realise what a radical new REFORM this was at the time?

When the Christians captured Jerusalem, they did not allow the
inhabitants, Muslim, Jew OR Christian to remain in peace if they
paid tribute.. they SLAUGHTERED EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD! 8^o

When Salah'u'Din recaptured it, after the Teplars had broken the truce
arranged between the Christians and Muslims, he allowed ALL those who
wished to leave, safe passage to the coast. They could remain if they
paid their taxes.

You won't find many MODERN nations who behave so honourably toward
those defeated in battle!

> "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends;
> they are friends of each other;

A fair warning, if you consider history, but though I don't take
Republicans for friends.. it is is not the same as fighting or
killing them! B^D

> "And KILL them (the unbelievers) wherever you find them,

How many times do you need to be told, dimwit, the Jews and Christians
are NOT the unbelievers!!! they are the People of the Book!

"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews,
and the Christians, and the Sabians,
whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good,
they shall have their reward from their Lord,
and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve."
- [ The Qur'an Sura 2.62]

You need to read CAREFULLY, with intelligence!

Those who read with HATRED already in their heart will not understand.

and so they mislead themselves about texts which deal with UNBELEIVERS
who persecute the believers.. Islam, Like Christianity and Judaism,
did NOT submit to aggression.. it FOUGHT IT;

> and drive them out from whence they drove you out,

as you can see this is a RESPONSE to violence.. not an INITIATION
of it!

[2.193] "And fight with them until there is no persecution,
and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist,
then there should be no hostility except against the
oppressors."

[60.8]"Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made
war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not
driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness
and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of
justice."

Let there be no compulsion in Religion.

(The Qur'an - Sura 2 Verse 256 )

Why do you haters IGNORE the clear and simple instruction,
and misconstrue the rest?

> The Koran vs. the Holy Bible

The Qur'an affirms Jesus as Lord, it even affirms the Virgin birth,
something MANY CHRISTIANS have stopped believing!!! 8^o

It speaks with the SAME VOICE;

"Thus does Allah confound the unbelievers."
Sura [40.74]

(Isaiah)
41:29 Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing:
their molten images are wind and confusion.

"Seest thou not that We have set the devils on the disbelievers
to confound them with confusion ?"
Sura [19:83]

(Isaiah)
45:16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them:
they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

Here is the Pope, the leader of the Christian church, kissing
the Qur'an...

http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/A055r...

And you try to tell us YOU speak for the Prince of peace with your
vile words of hate and deception? BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

> Ok, so the "holy" book that ALL Muslims read everyday, the Koran, commands
> them, it's not a just a suggestion, but they are commanded to "kill the
> unbelievers where they find them".

So does the Bible, and the Christians, for centuries, did so.

> This is in very
> shasp contrast to the bible where Jesus says this about unbelievers -
>
> "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good
> to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and
> persecute you;" Matthew 5:44

And yet every Christiannation has defended itself againsnt invasion,
tyranny and war.. so you seem to be showing that Christians Muslims
and Jews ALL waged war, and were all commanded to seek peace.

It's a bit more complex and a great deal less black and white than you
pretend.

But then your goal is not to find peace, but to create enmity and
conflict. You think of the sacred books as guidance, but they are also
a TEST. People find in them according to their heart...

YOU are the unbelieving Christian that Muslims were warned about,
the MAJORITY are the People of the Book, who "'believe in what
has been sent down to us, and what has been sent down to you:
Our God and your God is One,
and to Him we have surrendered'"

These are the peacemakers .. and they are blessed.

"THE ONE TRUE LIGHT"

"Some Hindus bought an elephant, which they exhibited in a dark shed.
As seeing it was impossible, everyone felt it with the palm of his hand.
The hand of one fell on its trunk: he said "This animal is like a water
pipe".
Another touched its ear: to him the creature seemed like a fan.
Another handled its leg and described the elephant as having the shape
of a pillar.
Another stroked its back. "Truly", said he, "this elephant resembles a
throne".
Had each of them held a lighted candle
there would have been no contradiction in their words.

The lamps are different but the Light is the same: it comes from Beyond.
If thou keep looking at the lamp, thou art lost:
for there arises the appearance of number and plurality.
Fix thy gaze upon the Light,
and thou art delivered from the dualism inherent in the finite body.
O thou who art the Kernel of Existence,
the disagreement between Moslem, Zoroastrian and Jew depends upon the
standpoint."

- Jalal'u'Din Rumi

I see the light in ALL faiths:

HINDUISM

"He must show no anger to one who is angry.
He must bless the man who curses him..."

CONFUCIANISM

"Love is its own reward.. Love offers peace...
A heart set on love can do no wrong."

TAOISM

"Repay evil with good..
Heaven arms with love those it would not see destroyed."

BUDDHISM
"If a man foolishly does me a wrong.
I will return to him the protection of my ungrudging love."

JUDAISM

"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land...
thou shalt love him as thyself."

ISLAM

"Verily my love overcometh my anger."

SIKHISM

"Serve ye well all creatures, both big and small.
Give pain to no being that lives and feels."

CHRISTIANITY

"A new commandment I give unto you, that you love one another.
As I have loved you, so you shall love one another."

BAHÁ'Í

"..for love is light, no matter in what abode it dwelleth."

> So let me ask you this -

Sure pharisee.. ask your steel trap question..
just as they did of Jesus when he preached Love,
not the hate you preach....

> if you had to have a neighbor whose religion was
> not your own,

I live and work with people who's religion are NOT
mine.. Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, Jews, Bahai, Muslims,
Agnostics, Atheists, Rastafarians.. I take them as I find them
and i share the thoughts of my brother, St Rod who says:

# From: fasgnadh <fasgn...@yahoo.com.au>
# Subject: Re: Education: an atheist's dilemma
# Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:26:48 GMT
#
#
# In the end I opted for secular schools..[for my children]
#
# As my brother, St Rod, says, "I'm not interested
# in people's theology, I just want to see how they TREAT OTHERS!"

That is MY religion.. IT has nothing to do with professed
beliefs.. most people lie no more or less than politicians,
but with ACTIONS, which speak louder than words.

I quote the Sufi poets, though Muslims tortured a Bahai friend
of mine, she cooks meals for the muslim Uni students in her block
of flats.. friends at a catholic school nearby have meetings
between their students and the Muslim and Jewish students, they visit
Buddhist and Hindu temples.

This man, arguable the greatest military leader my nation has ever
produced, was a brilliant Jew;

# 'Adopt as your fundamental creed that you will equip
# yourself for life, not solely for your own benefit,
# but for the benefit of the whole community'
#
# - Sir John Monash, 1923
#

This man one of the greatest poets ever to have lived, a Muslim;

# Verily:
#
# The religion of love is a part from all religions.
# The lovers of God have no religion but God alone
# -The Mathnawi II, 1720

God loves the lilies and the roses, the daffodils and the oak trees..

if ONLY one plant was the one true plant, he would have made it that way.

Diversity is the RICHES of our world, I treasure it, you despise it...

so who is the blasphemer?

After all, you do believe God created it, don't you?

> would you rather have a Muslim

Say, the Boxer, Mohammed Ali?

> who is commanded to kill YOU,

I don't know.. you tell me.. WHO IS commanded to kill me???

My youngest daughter's best friend in kindergarten was Inshani,
daughter of two Sri Lankan Muslims, sophisticated, university
educated and charming people.. My daughter played an angel
in the Christmas pageant, Inshani played Mary...

If some lying sower of hatred and sedition, some vile
Islamophobe tries to tell my daughter that Muslims want
to kill her, she would laugh in your stupid face.

My friend from Iran, who was tortured so badly it still affects
her walk, had only to give up her faith and the intolerant
Mullahs would have released her.. she does not hate ALL
Muslims, she was married to one! She greets the Muslim
students who come to eat at her house with friendship, they
are NOT the Imams, nor the terrorists,

Can YOU not sort the Wheat from the Chaff?

As far as I can see it is only the NUTTERS who MISUNDERSTAND
the scriptures, who would want to kill children simply for
eating shellfish, or talking back to their parents, as your
Bible appears to order.. (To THOSE WHOSE MINDS ARE CLOSED!)
or idiots like the Taliban who IGNORE the CLEAR command of the
Qur'an, and murder innocents;

"Whosoever kills even one human being, other than for man
slaughter or tyranny on earth, it would be as if they had
killed all of humanity. And whosoever saves even one human life,
it will be as if they have saved all of humankind "
- [ Qur'an Sura 5:35 ]

> the "unbeliever",

Who says I am an unbeliever, you self righteous Pharisee?

Who are YOU to judge the spiritual state of another?

I am agnostic, I seek the truth, you offer none.

> or would you rather have a follower of the
> Holy Bible

Say Torquemada?

> who is commanded to love you,

If you represent such love, then it must go unrequited!

Give it to someone who appreciates your blind snarling savagery.

I have met many fundies and self-righteous arseholes.. who
make the atheists appear like spiritual GIANTS.

> pray for you and do good for you even if
> you are his spiritual opposite?

You mean like this:

"Even if thou stretch forth thine hand against me to slay me,
I will not stretch forth my hand against thee to slay thee.
Truly I fear God the Lord of the Worlds.

[ The Qur'an Sura 5: ]

I was baptised a Christian, I asked to go to bible
classes, (perhaps because my first love attended ;-)
and was confirmed in that faith, I read Theravada and
Hinayana Buddhist texts, I read the Qur'an, i read the
Torah, I read the Gita, I read Lakota Sioux prayers to
Wakonda, the Great Spirit..

I find that Great Spirit... EVERYWHERE! 8^o

I read Rumi... he found the same...

747

There is a strange frenzy in my head,
of birds flying
each particle circulating on its own
is the one i love everywhere

The religion of love is a part from all religions.
The lovers of God have no religion but God alone
-The Mathnawi II, 1720

511

The clear bead at the centre changes everything.
There are no edges to my loving now.
I've heard it said there's a window that opens
from one mind to another,
but if there's no wall, there's no need
for fitting the window, or the latch.

I hear even the thoughtful atheists speaking of
this fundamental connection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X...

.. I have more in common with Einstein, Feynman,
Sagan, Neil deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye than I
do with ANY fundie.. Christian or Muslim!

I would prefer the SAMARITAN to come live
next to me than ANY one who thought himself
UNIQUELY CHOSEN by God, like Jesus I prefer
fishermen and tax collectors and prostitutes to
Pharisees and Whited sepulchers. B^p

And you want me to distrust and hate 1.6 million Muslims
because you read their book without understanding? pffft!

?And why do you look at the speck in your brother?s eye,
but do not consider the plank in your own eye?"

What does Jesus call such people?

Ah yes.. "Hypocrite"

I make no claim to represent any Great Teacher,
(I fear i might besmirch them with my own weak
efforts and errors.. ;-)

I am merely a SEEKER after truth. I admit
I DO NOT KNOW for a certainty i.e. I am
a rational agnostic.. my BELIEFS are as
deep as bedrock one day, and as fragile as
snowflakes the next, so I cannot ASSERT them
with your dogmatic conviction ..I make NO
foundational claims.. I question and probe..
but it is not fence sitting.. I ACT in the world
as every great and enduring spiritual tradition
urges, in love compassion and service...

As a brother, I suggest, if you are going to claim
to Speak for the Prince of Peace.. at least TRY
to act like him.....

Shalom and Salaam

fasgnadh - "The Winnower".

--