Ruby mentioned at Microsoft Conference

Rob .

3/23/2005 12:28:00 PM

Ruby was mentioned at last week's Microsoft developer conference. Here
are some quotes from an attendee's notes
<http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/...:

"If I could just snap my fingers and change the world. If I could just
snap my fingers and change how Microsoft developers work, then you
know what I'd do. We'd all use Ruby." - attributed to Microsoft
employee Don Box

"Dion Almaer asks whether anything is going on with Ruby on .NET? Also
asks about where AOP fits. Jim H answers that he doesn't know of any
major effort to implement Ruby, but he hopes so."

2 Answers

Robert Klemme

"Rob ." <rob.02004@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Ruby was mentioned at last week's Microsoft developer conference. Here
> are some quotes from an attendee's notes
> <http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/...:
>
> "If I could just snap my fingers and change the world. If I could just
> snap my fingers and change how Microsoft developers work, then you
> know what I'd do. We'd all use Ruby." - attributed to Microsoft
> employee Don Box
>
> "Dion Almaer asks whether anything is going on with Ruby on .NET? Also
> asks about where AOP fits. Jim H answers that he doesn't know of any
> major effort to implement Ruby, but he hopes so."

.... and this article is hosted by the "java lobby". :-))

robert

Michael Campbell

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:34:48 +0900, Robert Klemme <bob.news@gmx.net> wrote:

> "Rob ." <rob.02004@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Ruby was mentioned at last week's Microsoft developer conference. Here
> > are some quotes from an attendee's notes
> > <http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/...:
> >
> > "If I could just snap my fingers and change the world. If I could just
> > snap my fingers and change how Microsoft developers work, then you
> > know what I'd do. We'd all use Ruby." - attributed to Microsoft
> > employee Don Box
> >
> > "Dion Almaer asks whether anything is going on with Ruby on .NET? Also
> > asks about where AOP fits. Jim H answers that he doesn't know of any
> > major effort to implement Ruby, but he hopes so."
>
> .... and this article is hosted by the "java lobby". :-))

Looking at that from the context of the Java community, it can
probably be attributed to the old adage, "The enemy (Ruby/scripting)
of our enemy (Microsoft/.NET) is our friend".