Re: Debug in Eclipse RDT

Berger, Daniel

3/22/2005 3:15:00 PM

vi has a class browser, refactoring support and a debugger? Wow, I need
to brush up on my vi! ;)

The plugin does have an "outline view", which is what I think of as a
class browser, unless that's not what you mean. As for "refactoring
tools", I always cringe when I hear phrase that in relation to any agile
language. What, exactly, are you looking for?

I know there's a new release of the plugin coming out relatively soon
which will include code folding and an ri plugin. Not sure what else it
will have.

Regards,

Dan

5 Answers

Travis Smith

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:15:00 +0900, Berger, Daniel
<Daniel.Berger@qwest.com> wrote:

> vi has a class browser, refactoring support and a debugger? Wow, I need
> to brush up on my vi! ;)

No, that's just what it takes for me to move away from vi. I spend
more time in an xterm than anywhere else and I'm not running a fancy
GUI on top of my unix (Mac OS). Emacs however, you can play tetris
instead of doing any coding. What more could you ask for in an IDE?

> The plugin does have an "outline view", which is what I think of as a
> class browser, unless that's not what you mean. As for "refactoring
> tools", I always cringe when I hear phrase that in relation to any agile
> language. What, exactly, are you looking for?

I'll give you I don't see the need for a re-factoring tool in Ruby
yet. However I use the one build into Netbeans all the time when I do
Java stuff. I need to change the name of a method or class? Oh wow,
let me fix all reference of that for you right now. As it stands
though, grep does a good job of picking them out of my directory.

> I know there's a new release of the plugin coming out relatively soon
> which will include code folding and an ri plugin. Not sure what else it
> will have.

I will check it out when it comes, the real question - will auto rdoc
my code and load that up like it does for Java? (Eclipse does do that
for Java, doesn't it? Or maybe it one of the other IDEs... not
something I often use.)

--
~Travis

ObamaWillDestroyUSA

Try since the democrats took control. Now pay attentionjackass.

"SrRojo" <drj2000@concentric.net> wrote in message

> "ObamaWillDestroyUSA" <TK@aol.com> wrote a pack of lies
>> Obama Throws Church under Campaign Bus, blames Media By
>> Israel Insider staff
>> June 1, 2008
>>
>> Taking advantage of a weekend media dead-zone, Sen. Barack
>> Obama said
>> Saturday that "with some sadness" he has quit the Trinity
>> Church where he
>> belonged some twenty years, where controversial sermons by
>> his former pastor
>

> You knew you're gonna lose don't you DUMBASS?
>
> 7 years of Economic destruction, and you still want more
> DipShit?

GOP Ruined America

"ObamaWillDestroyUSA" <TK@aol.com> wrote in message
> Try since the democrats took control. Now pay attentionjackass.

stop the smears: awesome promo tactic
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/fightthes...

SrRojo

"boo-radley" <mpmull2u@gmail.com> wrote a pack of lies
> On Jun 15, 3:17 pm, "SrRojo" <drj2...@concentric.net> wrote:
>> "ObamaWillDestroyUSA" <T...@aol.com> wrote a pack of
>> liesnews:485582df$0$4249$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
>>
>> > Obama Throws Church under Campaign Bus, blames Media By
>> > Israel Insider staff
>> > June 1, 2008
>>
>> > Taking advantage of a weekend media dead-zone, Sen.
>> > Barack
>> > Obama said
>> > Saturday that "with some sadness" he has quit the Trinity
>> > Church where he
>> > belonged some twenty years, where controversial sermons
>> > by
>> > his former pastor
>>
>> You knew you're gonna lose don't you DUMBASS?
>>
>> 7 years of Economic destruction, and you still want more
>> DipShit?
>
> CORRECT, and this assholes are shitting their pants.

Word is cheap, especially when it comes from Rightard. The
Poll shows Replug's DORKS are down 26%.

Lamont Cranston

ObamaWillDestroyUSA wrote:
> Try since the democrats took control. Now pay attentionjackass.

7+ years of economic devastation; 7+ years of declining middle class
incomes; 7+ years of manufacturing job losses; 7+ years of failed
"trickle-down, supply-side, voodoo" economics.