RE: Tablet PC handwriting recognisers - mshwreco.msi

Andy Latham

12/5/2002 9:42:00 AM

Thanks Mike,
I understand that it came from www.betaplace.com if you could find out
if there is going to be a general release that would be useful

The thing that interests me is that without this piece of software how
do Microsoft expect people to develop tablet pc apps on anything other
than a tablet pc?

Thanks for your help

Andy

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

(Mike Moore [MS])

Hi Andy,

I checked around a bit. As the beta isn't supported, I wasn't able to
pursue it thoroughly. I did find out that there are two specific newsgroups
for tablet pc's:
* microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc
* microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer

I just checked and these newsgroups are quite active and most of the posts
are getting replies, though not from Microsoft employees.

Thank you, Mike Moore
Microsoft, ASP.NET

--------------------
>From: Andy Latham <andyl@ieg.co.uk>
>Subject: RE: Tablet PC handwriting recognisers - mshwreco.msi
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
>Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:42:16 -0800
>

>Thanks Mike,
>I understand that it came from www.betaplace.com if you could find out
>if there is going to be a general release that would be useful
>
>The thing that interests me is that without this piece of software how
>do Microsoft expect people to develop tablet pc apps on anything other
>than a tablet pc?
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>Andy
>

>*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

casey chesnut

you get the Tablet PC Edition OS with MSDN.
I have it installed on my notebook with a Wacom Intuos 2 external digitizer
pad.
You get all the recognizers with the OS.
With the OS upgrade, the tablet, and the Tablet SDK ...
it is a decent dev environment.

written about it in some of my articles here:
http://www.tabletpctalk.com...

Thanks
casey