How To Maintain URL variables across multiple pages

John

12/4/2002 5:44:00 PM

I'm trying to build an application specifically for Pocket PC. Basically, I
have one page with 3 variables (I'll call this the variable holder page)
that will get set by going to 3 different pages (VariablePage A, B, and C).
What I'm having trouble doing is keeping the variables that have already
been set, specifically when returning from another variable page to the
variable holder page.

I have mobile link controls on the variable holder page that will go to a
specific variable page and pass any variables that have been set in the
QueryString. This works fine. On the Variable Page, I'm using a Mobile
List controls with device specific mobile image and mobile link controls
bound to a datatable. What I can not seem to do is append the querystring
to the NavigateUrl attribute. I come from an ASP environment where I would
normally code this inline.

This is what my mobile image tag looks like..
<Mobile:Image id="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%# "/Swatches/" +
DataBinder.Eval(((MobileListItem)Container).DataItem,"SwatchGraphic") %>'
NavigateUrl='<%# "SelectChoices.aspx?IC=" +
DataBinder.Eval(((MobileListItem)Container).DataItem,"ID_Swatch") +
Request.ServerVariables["Query_String"] %>'></Mobile:Image>

Any help on how to accomplish this is greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's
something simple, but I have yet been able to figure it out..

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2 Answers

zerfgthj

i got same problem and find a "work around" with the sessions variables...

Christian
(ps:i'm watching other aswers)

"Mark Tate" <nospam@home.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
ucuTlT7mCHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP11...
> I'm trying to build an application specifically for Pocket PC. Basically,
> have one page with 3 variables (I'll call this the variable holder page)
> that will get set by going to 3 different pages (VariablePage A, B, and
C).
> What I'm having trouble doing is keeping the variables that have already
> been set, specifically when returning from another variable page to the
> variable holder page.
>
> I have mobile link controls on the variable holder page that will go to a
> specific variable page and pass any variables that have been set in the
> QueryString. This works fine. On the Variable Page, I'm using a Mobile
> List controls with device specific mobile image and mobile link controls
> bound to a datatable. What I can not seem to do is append the querystring
> to the NavigateUrl attribute. I come from an ASP environment where I
would
> normally code this inline.
>
> This is what my mobile image tag looks like..
> <Mobile:Image id="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%# "/Swatches/" +
> DataBinder.Eval(((MobileListItem)Container).DataItem,"SwatchGraphic") %>'
> NavigateUrl='<%# "SelectChoices.aspx?IC=" +
> DataBinder.Eval(((MobileListItem)Container).DataItem,"ID_Swatch") +
> Request.ServerVariables["Query_String"] %>'></Mobile:Image>
>
> Any help on how to accomplish this is greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's
> something simple, but I have yet been able to figure it out..
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark

John

Thanks for the reply Christian.. I did a workaround as well and ended up
just appending the QueryString variables in my SQL statement. It's a crude
approach and I'm sure there's a better way. I also tried creating a
function to concatenate a string, call the function from the list control,
and spit back the concatenated string, but couldn't get that to work either.

Mark
"zerfgthj" <lkjhlkjh@lkjhf.com> wrote in message
> i got same problem and find a "work around" with the sessions variables...
>
> Christian
> (ps:i'm watching other aswers)
>
> "Mark Tate" <nospam@home.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> ucuTlT7mCHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP11...
> > I'm trying to build an application specifically for Pocket PC.
Basically,
> > have one page with 3 variables (I'll call this the variable holder page)
> > that will get set by going to 3 different pages (VariablePage A, B, and
> C).
> > What I'm having trouble doing is keeping the variables that have already
> > been set, specifically when returning from another variable page to the
> > variable holder page.
> >
> > I have mobile link controls on the variable holder page that will go to
> > specific variable page and pass any variables that have been set in the
> > QueryString. This works fine. On the Variable Page, I'm using a Mobile
> > List controls with device specific mobile image and mobile link controls
> > bound to a datatable. What I can not seem to do is append the
querystring
> > to the NavigateUrl attribute. I come from an ASP environment where I
> would
> > normally code this inline.
> >
> > This is what my mobile image tag looks like..
> > <Mobile:Image id="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%# "/Swatches/" +
> > DataBinder.Eval(((MobileListItem)Container).DataItem,"SwatchGraphic")
%>'