Tablet PC handwriting recognisers - mshwreco.msi

Andy Latham

12/3/2002 6:52:00 PM

I am trying to get a development environment setup on my
XP laptop to develop tablet PC apps.
I have installed .Net Framework and its SDK and the tablet
PC SDK.
When running the tablet SDK samples for Basic Recognition
I get and error saying the program can't detect any
handwriting recognisers.

I have been sent a Beta version of some software
called "Tablet PC Platform SDK Recognition Pack Beta 2" -
it installs "Microsoft Handwriting recognisers" from a
file called mshwreco.msi

I can't find this file or any reference to "Microsoft
Handwriting recognisers" on the Microsoft web site - can
anyone shed some light on it please.

Thanks
Andy L
1 Answer

(Mike Moore [MS])

Hi Andy,

This is a beta product with very limited support. I'll see what I can find
out, though I can't make any promises.

Thank you, Mike Moore
Microsoft, ASP.NET