Two attribute questions: one get, one set

MichealH

11/22/2002 7:54:00 PM

I'm adding a literal <do /> element to device-specific template in a
mobile:Form with a mobile:TextBox control so that the softkey can be used as
a substitute for a mobile:Command control. The href attribute of the nested
<go /> element needs to fetch the value out of the TextBox to forward in the
querystring. It looks like this:

<do type="accept" label="Go"><go href="foo.aspx?entry=$ [ TextBox id ]"
/></do>

In the markup for the mobile:TextBox, I've assigned "txtInput" to its id
attribute; however, the runtime is outputting "mcsv0" to my OpenWave
emulator as the value for that attribute. How do I fetch that value
programmatically as I am writing the <do /> element? That is,
txtInput.ClientID doesn't work, nor does txtInput.UniqueID. For the moment,
I've hard-coded "mcsv0" so that I can move on, but I'm of course not at all
confident that this value will be consistent across all devices. I'm hoping
I don't have to do something like iterate through the Request.Form keys in
foo.aspx.

In a mobile:List control, I am adding a MobileListItem with a text value of
"News." There is evidently a lookup in the System DLL that assigns "News"
to the title attribute of the element ("Go" is the general default), and
that of course becomes the softkey label for that element. How do I
override this default? The list item does not expose a Title property
programmatically, nor does it expose a SoftkeyLabel property. I imagine
this is a CustomAttribute issue, but I have not identified the syntax to
express my objective. I don't want to use a mobile:SelectionList (which
exposes the Title) because its list items do not publish events.

Thanks for any help.

MichealH