HELP PLEASE!!! Database error...

Steven

11/22/2002 4:18:00 PM

In a development environment I can access a MS Access
database successfully. When I deploy the proyect to our
web server, in an SSL environment, for some reason I
getting an "Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other
types" error. If anyone has seen this before and can help
me out I'd really appreciate it.

TIA
Steven
2 Answers

Baccarin

Hello Steven,

I had a similar problem, the solution was to do something like this (for
example in an attribution):

sRet = (rd[0] is DBNull ? "" : rd.GetString(0));

I hope that helps you.

Baccarin.

"Steven" <sfuentes@helvetia-pr.com> escreveu na mensagem
> In a development environment I can access a MS Access
> database successfully. When I deploy the proyect to our
> web server, in an SSL environment, for some reason I
> getting an "Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other
> types" error. If anyone has seen this before and can help
> me out I'd really appreciate it.
>
> TIA
> Steven

Steven

Thanks for replying!
I tried implementing the a recordset GetString() method
but I haven't been able to get around this problem...Any
additional help or ideas will really be appreciated!
TIA